• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger precision rifle - Do I really want one?

Pics of targets? So basically 1 inch groups with more than 3 shots? I assume you were at 100 yards with these? Mine loves 143gr Hornady Precision Hunter and I have 80 reloads worked up for the next time I get to the range.

Yes 100 yards. One inch groups but cleaning after every round and the wind I really just used today to shake down these loads and the rifle. Only drawback is I was shooting my 308 Remmy also and the ammo is so close you need to be careful. I only load what I'm shooting and close the box but I can easily see someone making a mistake.

I plan on zeroing the scope tonight and see what the weather holds for tomorrow. Gotta build a target stand or two also.

What powder are you using? H4350?

I want one.

I want one that allows the buttstock to fold. I want a 7 lb. rifle give or take and I want it in .308.

Who's gonna be first? Ruger or Savage?

I want one.

I want one that allows the buttstock to fold. I want a 7 lb. rifle give or take and I want it in .308.

Who's gonna be first? Ruger or Savage?

http://www.ruger.com/products/precisionRifle/specSheets/18004.html

The RPR stock folds to the left.

But you're balking over an additional 2.8 lbs? I guess you could cut some weight off of the folding stock and forearm and maybe get close? But you would prolly lose the folding feature in the process.

I'm guessing the majority of the weight is in the bolt, barrel, and receiver...and if you reduce the weight of the barrel I'm guessing the accuracy will suffer.

Maybe someone's listening?

Not saying it can't be achieved - but to find one in the $1,200 range might be stretching it.

Back
Top Bottom