• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rural Georgia police state?

I've seen these operations with several police entities here in bartow and in Gordon county. They meet in town and then line up and dash out to hwy I 75, sittin at a red light and all of a sudden, 30-40 Leo's drive past you at a high rate of speed, you think what the hell is going on, acworth police, Calhoun city, Cobb county, Gordon county, cherokee county, bartow county Leo's and some GSP thrown in.

certainly intimidating

If the letter can be taken as a true account, where do "cops" like these come from? Do they not have spouses, children, and parents? Do they not live in the United States of America?

This is why everyone needs dash cams installed in their vehicles recording to a hidden dvr at all times.

An interesting project would be funded by "we the people" wherein through donations an evergreen fund would be established to pay for the implementation and maintenance of a web site for the people where the dash dam data is uploaded in real-time to servers and broadcast live across the Internet. In this manner all interactions would be both shown to everyone watching and archived. Technology is cheap, much cheaper than legal defense.

They come from families just like yours and mine, but they are the black sheep. I have a cousin who is a police chief of a two man department in a small town and he is the biggest richard I have ever encountered. Huge power trip, always talking in military terms and he never served, refers to his neighbors as subjects, and most definitely has the "us against them" mentality. Of course, his immediate family gushes over him at family gatherings and I will respond if he doesn't have what it takes to cut it in the private sector I guess being a big fish in a thimble full of water Barney Fife will have to suffice. We don't talk much.

They come from families just like yours and mine, but they are the black sheep. I have a cousin who is a police chief of a two man department in a small town and he is the biggest richard I have ever encountered. Huge power trip, always talking in military terms and he never served, refers to his neighbors as subjects, and most definitely has the "us against them" mentality. Of course, his immediate family gushes over him at family gatherings and I will respond if he doesn't have what it takes to cut it in the private sector I guess being a big fish in a thimble full of water Barney Fife will have to suffice. We don't talk much.

Two man department?

How does that even work? The two officers work 12 hour shifts 7/days a week 365/days a year?

And in regards to your "black sheep" comment, I have worked with ALL types in Law Enforcement. I have worked with mostly military veterans....special forces soldiers who are now cops, former corporate executives who walked away from big money because they felt the "need" to serve the community and they hated the greed and slime associated with big money business... I have also worked with plenty of dirtbags that have been arrested on duty, literally. I have worked with cops that put themselves through law school while on patrol and went on to be successful criminal defense attorneys....Like all professions, it takes all types.

But I also understand that in your world those types don't exist....I know I know 99% bad.

Two man department?

How does that even work? The two officers work 12 hour shifts 7/days a week 365/days a year?

And in regards to your "black sheep" comment, I have worked with ALL types in Law Enforcement. I have worked with mostly military veterans....special forces soldiers who are now cops, former corporate executives who walked away from big money because they felt the "need" to serve the community and they hated the greed and slime associated with big money business... I have also worked with plenty of dirtbags that have been arrested on duty, literally. I have worked with cops that put themselves through law school while on patrol and went on to be successful criminal defense attorneys....Like all professions, it takes all types.

But I also understand that in your world those types don't exist....I know I know 99% bad.

Facetious................let me Google that for you............... http://bit.ly/rZXHGv

With that out of the way, lets zero in on the bold part of your reply. For the record, I do not despise all police and I have the utmost respect for law and order. I do, however, despise police who intimidate and harass rather than protect and serve. This is my biggest beef. I agree with you, there are good and bad police, the problem lies with the police unions who protect bad police and those in blue who continually refuse to call out bad police behavior and instead take issue with anyone who brings the subject to light. You should be the loudest voice against bad police behavior, not the silent defender. History has shown a long line of police not fit for duty, and I'll concede the bad police no doubt make more of an impression than the good do. I think most people have become more leery of police because the ones that have a habit of being condescending and feeding off their own power are more than just few as you wish us to believe, but rather, it is becoming the norm. The militarization of the police on all levels is real, and I for one am alarmed by it. Jackbooted thugs hassling law abiding citizens at roadblocks while the so-called good cops stand by watching it happen is not good police work contrary what you wish to believe.

James Reese, a former FBI agent who started the bureau's stress management training in the 1980's, had this to say in an article...........and I quote, "Police acquire "image armor," it's their need to always be in control, always be fine, always be right. We never hear cops say, 'I'm afraid. I made a mistake."

Last edited:
Facetious................let me Google that for you............... http://bit.ly/rZXHGv

With that out of the way, lets zero in on the bold part of your reply. For the record, I do not despise all police and I have the utmost respect for law and order. I do, however, despise police who intimidate and harass rather than protect and serve. This is my biggest beef. I agree with you, there are good and bad police, the problem lies with the police unions who protect bad police and those like you who continually refuse to call out bad police behavior and instead take issue with anyone who brings the subject to light. You should be the loudest voice against bad police behavior, not the silent defender. History has shown a long line of police not fit for duty, and I'll concede the bad police no doubt make more of an impression than the good do. I think most people have become more leery of police because the ones that have a habit of being condescending and feeding off their own power are more than just few as you wish us to believe, but rather, it is becoming the norm. The militarization of the police on all levels is real, and I for one am alarmed by it. Jackbooted thugs hassling law abiding citizens at roadblocks while the so-called good cops stand by watching it happen is not good police work contrary what you wish to believe.

James Reese, a former FBI agent who started the bureau's stress management training in the 1980's, had this to say in an article...........and I quote, "Police acquire "image armor," it's their need to always be in control, always be fine, always be right. We never hear cops say, 'I'm afraid. I made a mistake."

:pop2:

Two man department?

The Milner ga police dept from the case I linked to earlier is a two man department, chief and one officer. It works because they are nothing but revenue generators and don't do much beyond writings tickets to people going to work and being productive. It works because little towns have big town envy. If anything actually happened in Milner the Lamar county SO would be the one that handled it.

It continues because the Milner ga police don't target the Milner voters that only number in the hundreds. The target people who are going to work in Griffin or Barnesville on the tiny stretch of the highest that runs through their jurisdiction. The officer that faked a shooting and tried to ruin the local eccentric's life would would write tickets in a circular pattern all day long. Pull over someone going north, pull over someone going south, then north again all the live long day.

Do you work for law enforcement? I have a friend that works for the GBI, who always keeps her id next to her drivers license, and has never gotten a ticket or warning despite being pulled over 6-10 times a year. Look up the story of the Florida cop who ticketed an officer from another jurisdiction to see what happens to the ones that cross the thin blue line.

With that out of the way, lets zero in on the bold part of your reply. For the record, I do not despise all police and I have the utmost respect for law and order. I do, however, despise police who intimidate and harass rather than protect and serve. This is my biggest beef. I agree with you, there are good and bad police, the problem lies with the police unions who protect bad police and those like you who continually refuse to call out bad police behavior and instead take issue with anyone who brings the subject to light. You should be the loudest voice against bad police behavior, not the silent defender. History has shown a long line of police not fit for duty, and I'll concede the bad police no doubt make more of an impression than the good do. I think most people have become more leery of police because the ones that have a habit of being condescending and feeding off their own power are more than just few as you wish us to believe, but rather, it is becoming the norm. The militarization of the police on all levels is real, and I for one am alarmed by it. Jackbooted thugs hassling law abiding citizens at roadblocks while the so-called good cops stand by watching it happen is not good police work contrary what you wish to believe.

I figured you were, just pointing it out.

Now onto "Those like you...."

What makes me one of the officers that "refuses" to call out other officers and their bad behavior? I have done what is right, and I sleep well at night knowing that I have.

You see most of what you just wrote is very true. Did you hear that? I agree there is an issue, but it is complex an very difficult to combat (and if you don't believe that and think you have the solution, start a consulting company and go to major city after major city offering your services, you will be rich overnight).

Just as you see fit to remind the world that cops are "black sheep" of their families and "too dense" to do other jobs, I felt the need to remind people that there is another side to the story.

I figured you were, just pointing it out.

Now onto "Those like you...."

What makes me one of the officers that "refuses" to call out other officers and their bad behavior? I have done what is right, and I sleep well at night knowing that I have.

You see most of what you just wrote is very true. Did you hear that? I agree there is an issue, but it is complex an very difficult to combat (and if you don't believe that and think you have the solution, start a consulting company and go to major city after major city offering your services, you will be rich overnight).

Just as you see fit to remind the world that cops are "black sheep" of their families and "too dense" to do other jobs, I felt the need to remind people that there is another side to the story.

My cousin actually runs a four man operation, including himself in a village of 800. Freedom described him and his force to a tee in his description of Milner. He is a real work of art who was rejected by two cities and landed a village job and took over as chief when the other officer left. You'd probably like him, as he has that LEO walk down to a science. You know the one, goofy hat pulled down low on a forward sloping brow, hand on gun, elbows out, and a gait that resembles someone who was anally probed with a cactus bush. :biggrin1: He wears full dress uniform with medals to church. A real genius, that one.

I edited "those like you" to "those in blue". As for those too dense, it is no secret major cities have a difficult time recruiting officers, and for many, the only requirement is to be able to fog a mirror and somewhat pass a background check. All I can say is if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, then you should take no offense. Raising the standards and quit hiring the teenager bullied bed wetters who display typical 'punk with a badge' arrogance would go a long way to help improve things. But first, BOTH sides need to agree LEO's are not hammers and everything and everyone they encounter are not nails. The silence by the so-called good guys speaks volumes to us mere citizens.

I agree that these types of assumptions and broad generalisations are just stupid. I make no secret about my feelings about roadblocks and certain police tactics but I try not to paint with a such broad brush. It's those types of comments that will get these threads put out in the pasture cause it's just the same old tired rhetoric.

Back
Top Bottom