• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rural Georgia police state?

Has there been any posting as to the identify of the original perpetrator... er "LEO"? His statement regarding smelling pot was establishing probable cause. Of course it was a lie, my guess something he learned to do at some drug task force training class. I would bet he was miked and the whole transaction was recorded. I even bet he said the same thing to every car he walked up to that night! Must be a lot of pot use in Monticello!

Could be. I would like to know how many (if any) citations or arrests were made that night and what justification the police department had to warrant such an all out, and no doubt costly operation. I don't think they do these things on a whim - or maybe they do if they are bored (?). Maybe the next chapter will be some fully equipped swat home invasions based on information from "reliable" informants? :confused:

Could be. I would like to know how many (if any) citations or arrests were made that night and what justification the police department had to warrant such an all out, and no doubt costly operation. I don't think they do these things on a whim - or maybe they do if they are bored (?). Maybe the next chapter will be some fully equipped swat home invasions based on information from "reliable" informants? :confused:

I think we saw that in Boston post marathon bombing.

Road blocks by general nature are unconstitutional. The 4th amendment says that you shall not be subject to search and seizure without probable cause. A road block has no probable cause, they stop EVERYONE. As for small town cops, how small does the town have to be? A friend recently left a bar on Friday evening around 9:00. He was pulled over less than a quarter of a mile from the bar. He had had ZERO alcohol that evening but as the officer approached the vehicle and before he was even close enough to tell, he said "I smell alcohol, have you been drinking"? Knowing that he had just left a bar, he did not believe the fact that my friend said he had not been drinking. After blowing a zero on the breath test the officer called a superior officer who administered a field sobriety test (which of course he passed) and at that point the senior officer said he is fine, let him go. What would have been the outcome if my friend had one or two drinks? The cop had already made up his mind that the person had to be drinking since he was at a bar. Guilty until proven innocent. BTW.. this was Dalton City Police

Anymore to this story? Is JWC the only other one that inquired about this with the city?

This is what I was referring to with the idea that posting videos of bad behavior could be a good thing for awareness. Turns out that the one person that I was debating that subject with might have been the only one that has done anything other than post here.

GOOD FOR YOU JWC. Where is everyone else? Post your response if you received one.

Anymore to this story? Is JWC the only other one that inquired about this with the city? This is what I was referring to with the idea that posting videos of bad behavior could be a good thing for awareness. Turns out that the one person that I was debating that subject with might have been the only one that has done anything other than post here. GOOD FOR YOU JWC. Where is everyone else? Post your response if you received one.
I didn't write. Sorry that the fact that she was a middle age white women driving a church bus didn't ruffle my feathers anymore than any other citizen having their rights violated in roadblocks everyday all over the state. I just don't have time to right every mayor in ga. It's not like this is an isolated incident.

I didn't write. Sorry that the fact that she was a middle age white women driving a church bus didn't ruffle my feathers anymore than any other citizen having their rights violated in roadblocks everyday all over the state. I just don't have time to right every mayor in ga. It's not like this is an isolated incident.

You're correct, but you have to start somewhere. Doing something from time to time is much better than nothing at all.
I'm not implying that you in particular do nothing, it's just the number of posts in threads like this keep ramping up and I wonder how many do more than just complain.

Anymore to this story? Is JWC the only other one that inquired about this with the city?

This is what I was referring to with the idea that posting videos of bad behavior could be a good thing for awareness. Turns out that the one person that I was debating that subject with might have been the only one that has done anything other than post here.

GOOD FOR YOU JWC. Where is everyone else? Post your response if you received one.

I received word for word what jwc received.

Back
Top Bottom