• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping a gun back to manufacturer

They didn't give you a pre-paid shipping label? And, there's no transfer fee, it's not being 'transferred'.
Nope, no prepaid shipping label. I am not impressed.
This is KelTec's instructions to me:
Please Note!
· If you’re in the US, please send the firearm to us for service through a dealer or UPS/FedEx with tracking #.
· Please include a copy of the purchase receipt even if you already emailed it to a tech in order to qualify for warranty. If you cannot supply the purchase receipt for the firearm, it will be considered non-warranty and there will be approximately $25 in return shipping fees and might be a $40 labor fee.
· List any accessories included in the box, even mags. We will not be responsible for any aftermarket accessories or anything not sold by us directly. Better not to include in box it if you don’t need to.
· If you’re normally not home during the day when FedEx would deliver, please use a shipping address for a dealer or friend that can sign for it. We cannot change an address once FedEx has it, nor can they hold it for pickup at the depot. No exceptions.
· If a dealer is shipping/receiving it, please include their FFL in the box. They’ll know what this is.
· If anything else is needed, or payment, someone will call you before the return of your firearm.
· Repairs can take several weeks to complete; however, we’ll do our best to be as quick as possible.
· Our shipping address is: Attn: Repair Dept., Kel-Tec CNC Ind. , 1505 Cox Rd, Cocoa, FL 32926
· We do not contact you when we receive your items, so keep your tracking number so you know.

My UPS Store in Ellijay took the rifle with NO problems... in fact, after looking at the ppd shipping info from PSA... It was the UPS stores location and address they told me to take it to...in the info they supplied...

Did not think about calling them, on the phone now.
Edit: they said to include a copy of the shipping receipt in the box and I MIGHT get reimbursed for it.
Waiting to see what e-mail to Customer Service will bring.

When I ship guns they ask for a xerox copy of my driver license to ship back to. I package up before taking to UPS or FedEx I’ve used both. If you do insurance they’ll ask what it is. I tell them machine parts. If they keep poking I tell them for small motors and gears things that move etc.

Shipped suppressors, build kits, warranty guns both with RMAs and without

I have the original Keltec box and can make an outer box for it.
Thank you for the offer.
Got a reply back from Keltec customer service with a direct e-mail info. Asked me to e-mail my purchase receipt to see if I qualify for a pre-paid FedEx label.
I do not do BOS, but I do hold on to my sales receipts, so I am going to work on that tonight.

MegaFan MegaFan we need to get together sometime. Going to M&G in Newnan next month?

It's a long gun, you can ship it USPS.

This. For maximum security shipped it registered mail.

If that's too steep, make sure it's adequately insured.

Everyone likes to dish on the USPS, but one advantage is that you can buy insurance and you don't have to declare the contents. Just tell them you want to insure the package for $XXXX.00

Back
Top Bottom