• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping a gun back to manufacturer

I have shipped several firearms. Every one of them was no problem. For example ,I had a problem with a Springfield pistol. I called them and told them the problem. The lady sent me an RMA by email. I printed it out on my computer.
I put it in a hard case and then put that it a cardboard box.
I attached the RMA to the box and covered it with clear tape.
Went to the main shipping point of Fed Ex in town.
They took the box and gave me a receipt and was on my way. Fed Ex returned the firearm to my door from Springfield requiring an Adult signature. Very easy.

Just did the Sig 320 "voluntary" recall through FedEx. They ship it back to your residence (not work address) and an adult MUST be present to sign for delivery. Came over Christmas vacation and sent back to Sig as I was not home. I spent yesterday waiting at the house for the delivery...arrived at 4:00 pm. Work day lost. Not sure if this procedure will apply, but just given for information purposes.

Update. Shipped my Sub2000k to KetlTec on the 15th, they had it on the 17th (prepaid FedEx label).
Shipped back to me on Tuesday the 23rd, I got it today. Fixed, with me paying nothing for repairs or shipping!
Total repair time, including Travel and weekend, was 10 days, with 2-day shipping both ways.
KelTec Customer Service rocks!!!!

Update. Shipped my Sub2000k to KetlTec on the 15th, they had it on the 17th (prepaid FedEx label).
Shipped back to me on Tuesday the 23rd, I got it today. Fixed, with me paying nothing for repairs or shipping!
Total repair time, including Travel and weekend, was 10 days, with 2-day shipping both ways.
KelTec Customer Service rocks!!!!

Great to hear they have top notch CS.

What problem were you having with your Sub2K?

Back
Top Bottom