• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep Apnia/ Snoring recommendations

Not all CPAPs require water to humidify. And, you can spend $1000+, but I got mine for about $150 shipped right to my house...WITH A PRESCRIPTION.

When I traveled for work, I had a machine at home, and a second "on the road" with me.
Agreed you can find them way less. I just didn’t know at the time and certainly this doctors office wouldn’t say anything about that fact.

CPAp, freaks me out when I wake up. Feels like a gas mask. I broke two
Wife had the same problem during her sleep study. Freaked out, thought she was suffocating even though it was pumping plenty of air. Completely unable to adapt.
She went with an oral appliance that you place in your mouth when you sleep, keeps your jaw jutted out just enough so you can breathe.
On her second one, medicare pays for them. Sleeps the whole night through, no snoring.

Agreed, CPAP machine. There's also surgery to fix it, check with your insurance.

Try sleeping with 3-4 pillows to elevate your upper body or on your side, until you can find a better solution. One of those adjustable beds works too.

This is something I'm going to have to look into. Been snoring quite a while. Had sleep study last year, just couldn't afford to go farther at the time. I've known people to have the sinus surgery, but it only works for a short time. I toss and turn a lot and have all my life. I've known people not able to adapt to the machine as well. I fear I may be one of those

As I’ve gotten older my snoring has gotten worse. Horrible snoring, wake up through out the night with Arizona dessert dry mouth. Often wake up gasping for air and fighting like I’ve been attacked by a mountain lion.

Any recommendations? And devices or machines you guys recommend? Pills? Tape?
See your doc or ENT and he may refer you to a sleep center for evaluation with a take-home study. Insurance usually has to pre-approve the studies. I just had one done in November and it was a take-home study with the WatchPat One kit. It looked like a wristwatch with an extension for a finger cuff and a heart monitor that attaches just below the notch on the collarbone. I downloaded the WatchPat One phone app and my phone collected the data which I uploaded the next day. CPAP machines and supplies require prescriptions.

My first two sleep studies were done in 2007 at a sleep center and another in-lab test in 2012. In-lab testing is expensive and most insurance will now only approve the take-home kits unless there are medical complications and the in-lab is the only resort.

Back
Top Bottom