• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Gym Recommendations?

Joshua223

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
54   0
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Finally have a house, and I'm looking at home gyms. I want to get a multi-station, pin adjustable set up, but I don't recognize most of the brand names I'm seeing. Any advice?

Not sure what you mean by multi-station but I picked this up from Costco 3 months ago and it's been the best home gym so far. I downsized a lot of my workout equipment and went to this plus adjustable dumbbell and kettlebells and does 99% of the exercises I do. I love how little space it takes up yet tackles every muscle group, don't have to waste time going to the gym and wait on equipment. The app (1 year free trial) that it comes with is really nice too especially for beginners or someone who needs a "structured" plan to follow. I'm currently on this 11 week program and it really teaches you different exercises' you can do with this machine. I purchased it late November last week when it was $800 off and it's a steal IMO.

My father-in-law saw my setup and also picked up a different model. He picked up this one below and I helped him set it up, it's also very nice if you don't need the smith bar. We found it in store on sale locally for $499 rather than buying online for $1000.

Either way, I'm impressed with both machines and especially the app that it comes with.

Surprised my two older boys for xmas with a power rack setup. Pieced it together for pennies over $1k. Rack, adjustable bench, 250 lbs bumper plates, landmine attachment, rubber floor mats and adjustable dumbells. Went this route cuz I can't afford those fancy systems, plus free weights > all day. I know it's not what you asked for, but just posting as a consideration.

Had to take advantage of some Black Friday deals to get that pricing tho.

Those are nice, but I'm looking for something that can be quickly adjusted with pins.

JKBRM0242 JKBRM0242
I mean there is more than one workout station, so switching between exercises is easier and doesn't take as many adjustments. Here is an example. I like the look of this one, but I'm unfamiliar with the company.

FF-X4a1__44836.jpg

I bought a Titan Fitness T-3 power rack, with pipe safeties, spotter arms, and a multigrip pullup bar. Along with the power rack I have 12-32kg adjustable kettlebells, 36, 40, and 44kg kettlebells and sandbags of different sizes I use these for both strength and conditioning work. I also built a deadlift platform from some scrap lumber. I bought an Assault Bike Classic, and a GoRuck bag with a 35 and 45lb ruck plate. For GPP I think I have everything covered.

A chinese power rack, cheap 300lb olympic barbell set, and a copy of Starting Strength blue book is cheaper, takes up less space, more durable, and better for you than any of these cable and selector machines.

I bought a Titan Fitness T-3 power rack, with pipe safeties, spotter arms, and a multigrip pullup bar. Along with the power rack I have 12-32kg adjustable kettlebells, 36, 40, and 44kg kettlebells and sandbags of different sizes I use these for both strength and conditioning work. I also built a deadlift platform from some scrap lumber. I bought an Assault Bike Classic, and a GoRuck bag with a 35 and 45lb ruck plate. For GPP I think I have everything covered.
Dang, Dude. You're a hoss if you're swinging a 44 kilo kettlebell!

Back
Top Bottom