• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck Gun...

If you are still keeping your 9mm, then I would keep it simple and grab a Kel Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2. Same magazines for it and the extra length in barrel will increase your velocity to 357 magnum revolver velocities. With the same ammo & ability to aim better, any engagement under a 100 yards can be met with enough force until you are able to get away, or kill/dissuade the in individual confronting you. Slap a red dot on there to help with aiming in any dark situations, they have M-Lock mounts on the side of the forarm to attach it and still be able to fold it down to 16".

I would steer clear of any AR15/AK pistol, for one they are VERY loud. I can't imagine shooting one and not causing myself to get tone deaf to the noises behind me after popping off a few rounds, let alone 30. Trust me, if your on foot and trying to sleep somewhere at night, you'll still want to hear if something/someone comes walking by you.

Here is a link to show the velocity between a 9mm carbine of 16" & the velocity of a 357 magnum.
9mm : http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
357 mag: http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html

I'd rather not have to keep two different kinds of ammo in a desperate situation like that. So i'd pick the 9mm, due to you already having the Glock 19.

Go with the 7.62 x 39... PAP M92 AK Pistol....

IMG_1799.JPG

If you are still keeping your 9mm, then I would keep it simple and grab a Kel Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2. Same magazines for it and the extra length in barrel will increase your velocity to 357 magnum revolver velocities. With the same ammo & ability to aim better, any engagement under a 100 yards can be met with enough force until you are able to get away, or kill/dissuade the in individual confronting you. Slap a red dot on there to help with aiming in any dark situations, they have M-Lock mounts on the side of the forarm to attach it and still be able to fold it down to 16".

I would steer clear of any AR15/AK pistol, for one they are VERY loud. I can't imagine shooting one and not causing myself to get tone deaf to the noises behind me after popping off a few rounds, let alone 30. Trust me, if your on foot and trying to sleep somewhere at night, you'll still want to hear if something/someone comes walking by you.

Here is a link to show the velocity between a 9mm carbine of 16" & the velocity of a 357 magnum.
9mm : http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
357 mag: http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html

I'd rather not have to keep two different kinds of ammo in a desperate situation like that. So i'd pick the 9mm, due to you already having the Glock 19.
Very useful information, I am going to take a look a the Kel-tec...

Another vote for the Sub 2000. If you are carrying a 9mm Glock already, it makes no sense not to leverage the same ammo and mags in your 'truck' gun.

To me a 'truck' gun is something old and beat up that you just leave in your truck. Caliber, capacity and such are all secondary to the fact that you just don't care about this gun. Kind of like a nightstand gun, who cares how big and clunky it is, it just sits in the drawer.

What you are describing is more of what I would call a 'get home' gun. Something light that you could pack for a long walk if needed, but that extends your capability out to 100 yards or so. For this you want light and compact. Sharing mags and ammo with your Glock is a huge win if you are on foot since all your ammo will work in either gun. No having to pack a whole different caliber that may never turn out to be needed.

And the Sub-2Ks ability to fold means it's no problem keeping it hidden in a suitcase or backpack. Plus, it's surprisingly accurate for an almost all plastic gun. At under 100 yards you can easily hit what you are aiming at, and honestly, you would never go beyond 50 unless you wanted to spend the rest of your life in jail, or someone was shooting at you with a rifle.

Another vote for the Sub 2000. If you are carrying a 9mm Glock already, it makes no sense not to leverage the same ammo and mags in your 'truck' gun.

In reality, a 'truck' gun is something old and beat up that you just leave in your truck. Caliber, capacity and such are all secondary to the fact that you just don't care about this gun. Kind of like a nightstand gun, who cares how big and clunky it is, it just sits in the drawer.

What you are describing is more of what I would call a 'get home' gun. Something light that you could pack for a long walk if needed, but that extends your capability out to 100 yards or so. For this you want light and compact. Sharing mags and ammo with your Glock is a huge win if you are on foot since all your ammo will work in either gun. No having to pack a whole different caliber that may never turn out to be needed.

And the Sub-2Ks ability to fold means it's no problem keeping it hidden in a suitcase or backpack. Plus, it's surprisingly accurate for an almost all plastic gun. At under 100 yards you can easily git what you are aiming at, and honestly, you would never go beyond 50 unless you wanted to spend the rest of your life in jail, or someone was shooting at you with a rifle.
I guess when i say truck gun I am referring to a rifle that would stay in the truck when I am in the truck. Everything you described is correct, exactly what I am wanting one for.

Traveling through so many different states complicates things.
In some states you can't carry a loaded long gun in a vehicle but a pistol is okay.
I have an AR pistol and I hate shooting it.
All you guys talking about it not being a big deal if the gun gets stolen...:( over 700 guns have been reported stolen from vehicles in the metro Atlanta area so far this year. That's just the ones that were reported.

Back
Top Bottom