• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Upcoming Fall Classes at Protective Measures LLC

Whatever happened to, "If it ain't broken, then don't try to fix it."

I'm afraid that philosophy is being replaced by the adage,"If it ain't broken, and you've had it long enough to figure out it's working properly... then it's completely outdated & obsolete."

Last edited:
Hey Protect I got some interest( possible customers ) but do you have a website and a class that won't have CCW in there so they won't have a negative impact on their training

Do you mean "ccw" as in concealed carry or "CCW" as in the person?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been working on a website but it has proven to be considerably more difficult & time-consuming than I expected to do one that conveys all of the content that we offer in a professional manner.
We have about 2/3's of it done so we hope to have it finished before the end of the year.

We do custom classes often based on specific needs or goals of those who are wanting to train.
We cover all of the fundamentals while at the same time incorporating any additional elements requested... as long as it can be done safely and in a manner that is realistic/ tactically sound.
If you would like to email me (protectivemeasures@ymail.com) what you think the specific training goals are of this prospective class, then I can look at it & develop/send a modified outline of the class curriculum if it differs from ones that we've offered in the past.

Or if you would just like to give me a call(706-980-0668), we can discuss it & determine the best approach.

Do you mean "ccw" as in concealed carry or "CCW" as in the person?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been working on a website but it has proven to be considerably more difficult & time-consuming than I expected to do one that conveys all of the content that we offer in a professional manner.
We have about 2/3's of it done so we hope to have it finished before the end of the year.

We do custom classes often based on specific needs or goals of those who are wanting to train.
We cover all of the fundamentals while at the same time incorporating any additional elements requested... as long as it can be done safely and in a manner that is realistic/ tactically sound.
If you would like to email me (protectivemeasures@ymail.com) what you think the specific training goals are of this prospective class, then I can look at it & develop/send a modified outline of the class curriculum if it differs from ones that we've offered in the past.

Or if you would just like to give me a call(706-980-0668), we can discuss it & determine the best approach.

Monte, my reasons for asking are a little different. As of late, any training that I do, I like to have posted to POST profile. I am attending an NRA class in November because it will post to my profile. That class alone with be worth of two years of inservice training.

I do admire what you are doing, as an Instructor myself, I know how difficult it is to work with individuals to find what suits them best. While difficult might not be the right word, time consuming may be a better phase. And usually the pay is not very good, when you spend three days with one shooter, working he kinks out of their practices. Most people can't afford to pay what it is worth, so you either do it cheaply or sparingly.

Luke

"Outside", The four other Instructors that have worked with me conducting classes & I have over 50 years of training experience between the five of us.
The two with the most experience are me & one other w/ over 20 years apiece.

The schools attended have been the old Blackwater, Dyncorp, Frontsite, Shootrite, Glock, Intelliquest, as well as basic training through the Marine Corps. and the police academy.
Classes run the full gamut from basic to advanced, pistol, carbine,etc.

Most of my training has been w/ Tiger McKee at Shootrite.

He is very sound tactically & was money well-spent.

Shouldn't be any difference in how a person carries themselves in person or online. So what is it about a keyboard that somehow makes a person act like that?
I would say it has to do with the fact that I am always friendly but I also dont have a problem telling it like it is online or in person but most of you have never been around me in person for very long in a social setting. I get along with everyone except those who delve in ignorance.

"Outside", The four other Instructors that have worked with me conducting classes & I have over 50 years of training experience between the five of us.
The two with the most experience are me & one other w/ over 20 years apiece.

The schools attended have been the old Blackwater, Dyncorp, Frontsite, Shootrite, Glock, Intelliquest, as well as basic training through the Marine Corps. and the police academy.
Classes run the full gamut from basic to advanced, pistol, carbine,etc.

Most of my training has been w/ Tiger McKee at Shootrite.

He is very sound tactically & was money well-spent.

Which of those schools have YOU been to? And which ones have your Instructors been to?

I have trained at Shootrite, Glock, & Intelliquest.

Inst.#2 has been to Frontsight, Sig Sauer, Blackwater, Thunder Ranch, and the police academy.
He is active duty L.E. (forgot to mention some of those in the first post).

Inst. #3 has trained at Dyncorps, the police academy & was a contractor in Afghan. tasked w/ training Afghani. police.

Inst. #3 is a retired Marine and has trained at Intelliquest, Glock, somewhere else that slips my mind, & extensively w/ me.

Inst. #4 is also a retired Marine. He trained w/ the old Blackwater and is S.W.A.T. certified.

As far as total paid for training hours, I have the spent the most time & $ training. I had a very successful business that I built up & sold & since I hated golf I used the extra funds to pay for my training.

It was a great way to get one's mind off of work.

Firearms training, especially at the intermediate & advanced level requires 100% focus to be safe & proficient.

The students that I've had come through that have been to other more well known schools have come back for more classes.
Although a lot of what we offer is comparable, almost identical to what some of the others teach, I think what makes us unique is our adaptability & thinking outside the confines of a square range & working w/ each student to identify individual defensive needs.

Hope I answered your question.

Back
Top Bottom