• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Very cool idea for non-gun friendly establishments

Don't do business anywhere you don't want to.If you see my gun and ask me to leave fine,I will never be back.If you don't see it don't worry about it.But know this I will have one wherever I am.

I only asked if anyone owned a business..my guess because they were so hard on the business owner was NO..they didnt and from the responce i think i guessed correctly..

So until you have BEEN a business owner and begin to understand liability laws then maybe you would understand(maybe not)

i can tell you one of the business' i own recently had a customer have a accidental dishcharge of his loaded 380 and shoot past a customers head almost hit my wife go thru a thin paneled wall and lodge in a 2x4 in the employees bathroom...Complain all you want..do business/dont do business with this retailer...but until you OWN/OPERATE a business you wont understand.

ive got to know more details. how the hell was it pointed like that

I only asked if anyone owned a business..my guess because they were so hard on the business owner was NO..they didnt and from the responce i think i guessed correctly..

So until you have BEEN a business owner and begin to understand liability laws then maybe you would understand(maybe not)

i can tell you one of the business' i own recently had a customer have a accidental dishcharge of his loaded 380 and shoot past a customers head almost hit my wife go thru a thin paneled wall and lodge in a 2x4 in the employees bathroom...Complain all you want..do business/dont do business with this retailer...but until you OWN/OPERATE a business you wont understand.

So because we dont own a buisness we dont or cant understand liability. So a customer comes in and ignores your stupid no guns sign and shoots multiple customers and because you only allow unarmed patrons but do not have any security to keep armed individuals out of the store are you less liable or did you only restrict the ability of your law abiding customers to defend themselves.

I only asked if anyone owned a business..my guess because they were so hard on the business owner was NO..they didnt and from the responce i think i guessed correctly..So until you have BEEN a business owner and begin to understand liability laws then maybe you would understand(maybe not)i can tell you one of the business' i own recently had a customer have a accidental dishcharge of his loaded 380 and shoot past a customers head almost hit my wife go thru a thin paneled wall and lodge in a 2x4 in the employees bathroom...Complain all you want..do business/dont do business with this retailer...but until you OWN/OPERATE a business you wont understand.
Actually I have and do. I think it is a great idea, many times the decisions are based on a customers opinion that the owner thinks is predominate to their buisness. Or their insurance gives them a break on cost if they post such signs. But if they realize they are losing more money than cost savings then they may change their policies. May be not, but the only thing for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

A business owner wants to know why he is losing money and this card does give insight as to why he lost business from one customer.

As a consumer, I have the right to spend my cash with anyone I choose and I choose to do business with companies who don't hang "no guns" signage. I hold a grudge for a long time when it comes to guns. I will never step foot in Dicks or Dana Safety again.

A business owner wants to know why he is losing money and this card does give insight as to why he lost business from one customer.

As a consumer, I have the right to spend my cash with anyone I choose and I choose to do business with companies who don't hang "no guns" signage. I hold a grudge for a long time when it comes to guns. I will never step foot in Dicks or Dana Safety again.

Yeah, that was my thought when I saw this. I's a two way street. Not only do we as gun owners have the right to be treated as the law biding citizens we are but we have a responsibility to make our case to the business owners in a memorable and positive way so that they can see us as reasonable people who are being treated unfairly from ignorance or irrationl fear. We can't do that by ranting and raving but if we introduce ourselves calmly and politely and explain that while we really wanted to patronize thier establishment we really can not in good conscious support a business that fails to recognize our constitutional rights. Therefore, we must reluctantly settle for the goods and services of thier competition, but would gladly resume spending our money in thier establishment if they were to reverse thier policy in the future. Then hand them this card and perhaps a card to the ODT or GeorgiaCarry.org so that they can join the conversation and perhaps learn more(although I regretfully must admit that the ODT is a pretty poor community for advancing 2nd amendment issues these days).

You can choose to print and leave the card or not. You can choose to tell the owner/operator separately the same message, or not. Up to you.
All I can add is that you should do it respectfully and move on.

Back
Top Bottom