• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you comfortable spending on a "truck gun"?

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
Just like the title says, what are you comfortable spending on a pistol that will most likely never be carried and will spend the majority of the time sitting in your vehicle? We all know the risk of leaving a weapon in a vehicle and knowing that risk what are you willing to take a hit on if it were stolen?

Why not buy a lock box and bolt it to the vehicle? Better yet, have it welded in. Then you can keep a gun you could trust your life with. I know a guy who has a 5.56 ammo can behind a bench seat with a big ugly padlock. He uses one of those food vacuum packers to seal up his gun. Don't know if he does anything special to prevent rust. I don't leave anything in my truck. Too risky.

I know that people leave a pistol in their ride. I personally don't. I don't want to risk the chance of having it stolen. Just a topic of conversation on a rainy, cold Sunday morning.

I have seen the steel lock boxes that can be installed into the center console, they usually run around $250. I wonder how much that would slow a theif down?

Back
Top Bottom