What do you carry when you ride, and how?

I STRONGLY disagree with carrying a Glock IWB on a bike!! I strongly disagree with carrying a Glock IWB. I strongly disagrre with carrying a Glock on a bike.....

Glad to know that.

IWB holster for 26/27 are really uncomfortable period. Plus, if I'm on my bike, i would want to be able to reholster it. That's not possible with a IWB holster.

I don't plan on drawing when I'm in motion. Chances are you ain't catching me on my bike. My gun is to protect me when I get where I'm going. The strap is to make sure the gun stays with me. I usually carry in a High Noon IWB holster.

Bond Derringer either cross draw belt holster or in my leather zipped front gunRinHolsterHipL.jpgpocket.

I dont think I would be drawing while I was moving. To much risk of dropping the bike, or the gun.

Harley VRod muscle. Would love to have a retention holster on the bike for something larger, someplace that couldnt been seen, maybe under my leg.

Now that's some miles on two wheels! I was not aware you were a biker too.

When tooling around town a decent IWB with a single stack compact works best for me. When I ride the mountains, NO GUN! If for any reason you are arrested you may also get a weapons charge.

Don't think it can't happen because I won't be doing anything to warrant it. There is a lot of LEO pressure to write tickets to speeding bikers in the places I "use" to ride (22 years). Had friend in a T-Rex up near Suches come up on a slow moving truck that was slowing even more when he approached (way below the speed limit). When safe to do so he passed this vehicle and the truck sped up staying right behind him. An officer was ahead and pulled him over. The officer in the truck began with a laundry list of violations stemming from the pass.
A lot of squids ruined the area (too many self-induced crashes) and I understand why the impressive enforcement of the rules of the road are executed. I really don't think setting bikers up and embellishing the truth to write tickets to bikers is appropriate. If one has a gun it is but another potential charge if one tends to bend the speed limits on a bike. Something to think about.

The last time gas spiked ( I believe it was '07)) I was doing a lot of out of town development projects so I bought 3 V-stroms & a KTM Superduke & put 53,000 miles on them in one year.

Most of the time I was carrying a pistol IWB.
You mentioned Suches.... at the time I was also going back & forth to Blue Ridge since we had a house on the lake over there at the time....beautiful country. I am certain I was the poorest guy on that lake at the time.

I considered a shoulder holster but for several reasons decided against it.
One of which is that when you stop you usually take off your seasonally hot leather jacket & I prefer concealed carry.
Since I ride year-round, I found that for me IWB carry was the most versatile.

i carry my S&W 637-2 in an uncle mikes belt holster......concealed at stop signs and red lights and open carry pretty much when the wind blows my shirt up......people tend not to follow so closely when they see your carrying.......

Back
Top Bottom