• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you carry when you ride, and how?

The last time gas spiked ( I believe it was '07)) I was doing a lot of out of town development projects so I bought 3 V-stroms & a KTM Superduke & put 53,000 miles on them in one year.

Most of the time I was carrying a pistol IWB.
You mentioned Suches.... at the time I was also going back & forth to Blue Ridge since we had a house on the lake over there at the time....beautiful country. I am certain I was the poorest guy on that lake at the time.

I considered a shoulder holster but for several reasons decided against it.
One of which is that when you stop you usually take off your seasonally hot leather jacket & I prefer concealed carry.
Since I ride year-round, I found that for me IWB carry was the most versatile.

I carry IWB around town for the same reason. I don't want to spook the herd or give up a tactical advantage. OWB does offer a bit more protection for the gun if the inevitable road surfing event occurs. I saw a compact Glock look like a dog's chew toy after a bit of road rashing while being carried OWB. It was still functional but it looked like heck.

3 V-Stroms.......ok. So two just didn't cut it. I just gots to know why three? The Super Duke is a cool tool for the road. The V-Stroms have a good reputation too.

I'll probably pick up a used dual sport this fall and spend more time on trails than the street.

And kinda dangerous, don't you think?

Just dont let people get to close. A good holster helps too. I like leather holsters so usually its covered by a T-shirt. I dont ride a bike but Id I did id wear it on the outside. That way if I drop the bike at least the holster might break free so the pistol does not break my pelvis.

Or go off and shoot yourself! Anything can happen in a wreck, especially on a bike. The only thing a Glock has to do is have the trigger pressed.

That would actually be quite hard. Unless my gun falls on a stick at just the right angle, i dont see that happening. I dont see anything pulling that trigger. Sure if you have some piece of crap gun like a lorcen or something. You drop it , it might go off. A quality handgun has features that allow it not to be fired unless the trigger is pulled.

Or go off and shoot yourself! Anything can happen in a wreck, especially on a bike. The only thing a Glock has to do is have the trigger pressed.

Most guns go off when the trigger is pressed. Not just glocks.

It seems like maybe you shouldn't carry while you ride since you believe "anything can happen in a wreck" then following that logic no gun is safe to carry while on a bike.

I carry IWB around town for the same reason. I don't want to spook the herd or give up a tactical advantage. OWB does offer a bit more protection for the gun if the inevitable road surfing event occurs. I saw a compact Glock look like a dog's chew toy after a bit of road rashing while being carried OWB. It was still functional but it looked like heck.

3 V-Stroms.......ok. So two just didn't cut it. I just gots to know why three? The Super Duke is a cool tool for the road. The V-Stroms have a good reputation too.

I'll probably pick up a used dual sport this fall and spend more time on trails than the street.

I thought that putting that many miles on 1 bike would ruin the resale plus I kept one at the lake so I could ride over w/ my family but still have personal transportation w/o leaving them stranded.
The V-stroms is considered to be very ugly (like a Glock) but I don't care....function over form.
They are just good no-drama efficient transportation.

Plus my wife forbid to buy one...so I bought 4.
Fortunately for me, she got over it.

Back
Top Bottom