• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats the best 9mm ammo for accuracy?

mjfrawg

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
266   1
Reaction score
Got me a new Beretta 92fs Mod.M9A1 feels great.Picked up a Box of Wichester 115 gr FMJ target loads at Wally World.Their not very accurate dont group worth a hill of beans.Just wanted to shoot.LOL Now im ready to order good ammo.So whats the opions.Targets & Defence

I know Firearms & ammo are only as accurate as the Shooter.But i also know some Ammo & firerms are better than others.Not A newbie been shooting for years.Killed a many deer,smallgame,doves etc. dont consider my self the best shot but very rarely miss.Just want to know what others consider to be the most accurate.Ive owned a many 9mms for personel defence short range but looking for good ammo with a little mor range than 10 yards.

I really dnt think accuracy in short range handgun calibers is relative. Most defensive pistol encounters will happen within 10-15 yards so accuracy so to speak is primarily on you, not a bullet. Most factory short range pistol loads are as accurate as the other. I mean you could shoot fishing weights at 10 yards and be accurate.

I really dnt think accuracy in short range handgun calibers is relative. Most defensive pistol encounters will happen within 10-15 yards so accuracy so to speak is primarily on you, not a bullet. Most factory short range pistol loads are as accurate as the other. I mean you could shoot fishing weights at 10 yards and be accurate.

lol on this answer .......lay off the sauce dood ;O

lol on this answer .......lay off the sauce dood ;O

Give me something with more substance. Yes, the fishing weight comment was a bit of a jab, but I stand by my statement. To arrive at which particular 9mm load is more accurate than another seems like a futile argument. I mean, is Winchester more accurate than Federal more accurate than Corbon more accurate than Double Tap? I think effectiveness, expansion and penetration are more of an issue with a small handgun caliber and the focus is not so much on "accuracy". As I said, "accuracy" is a term that should be coined to the shooter (unless we are talking rifle rounds). Is there such a varying "accuracy" chart based on most available 9mm rounds?

Correct me if I am wrong, but please give me a more substantial answer than the pitiful one you provided.

Last edited:
Got me a new Beretta 92fs Mod.M9A1 feels great.Picked up a Box of Wichester 115 gr FMJ target loads at Wally World.Their not very accurate dont group worth a hill of beans.Just wanted to shoot.LOL Now im ready to order good ammo.So whats the opions.Targets & Defence

ive had good luck with anything from black hills, their 124gr jhp load is particularly good, ymmv

I really dnt think accuracy in short range handgun calibers is relative.

you had me with this part rite here ...

you dont think accuracy is relative ? ..... come on .;(

wouldnt you want to hit what you needed to if an idiot had a loved one using them as a shield ??

I want to hit where I aim and believe that is way more than relative .......

you had me with this part rite here ...

you dont think accuracy is relative ? ..... come on .;(

wouldnt you want to hit what you needed to if an idiot had a loved one using them as a shield ??

I want to hit where I aim and believe that is way more than relative .......

Don't quote my whole sentence and then rebut half of it. Yes, I think accuracy is relative, just not as much in small pistol cartridges. Now, I said "in short range pistol rounds". We are not talking about shooting rocks versus shooting Double Tap. He asked which 9mm ammo is more accurate and again, I think it is a futile argument considering it is a round intended to be utilized at 7-15 yards. So in short I said most all 9mm factory cartidges will more than likely yield very similar results.....................hence.........................placing more of the accuracy on the shooter.

See? :) Come on, don't pull a CNN on me here and spin this in a liberal manner.

Some guns prefer certain brands over others for more precise accuracy.
You will have to test various brands in a controlled benchrest style environment at 15-25 yds. to make that determination.

Federal makes a "classic" load that used to be called the 9blpe that was famous for being very accurate as well as a decent carry round for "stopping power".
I've used it firsthand in several platforms & it is/was a tackdriving round.

Back
Top Bottom