• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats the best 9mm ammo for accuracy?

I'd have to agree with CCW. Until your skill is extremely high, your ammo selection will be secondary. (unless you plan on shooting your hand gun off sandbags for 50yd groups). As you become better and better with a given pistol, you'll have time to figure out which ammo groups better to your poa. If you are shooting 10" groups at 10 yds with WWB, don't look to ammo to solve a mechanics problem.

Good LORD! You typed exactly what I wanted to say, but couldnt! LOL! :D

CCI 124 gr.+p Gold Dots & Winchester Ranger 127 gr. +p SXT's are generally accepted by many as being some of, if not the best "self-defense" carry rounds.
They are issued to many police. depts. & other agencies who have had good success with them according to reports.

The CCI Gold Dots are also very accurate in my experience compared to "cheap" range ammo.
Federal Hyra-shoks are usually very accurate in many different loadings & calibers as well.

It's critical when testing for accuracy to take as many "human error" factors out of the equation as possible by using a benchrest or other means of creating a stable, consistent shooting platform.

Last edited:
i enjoy all this discussion like this let people know the real world to shootin i usualy target practice 0-25 yards with my hangun unless its the 357 mag then 50 yards any further ill grab a rifle.cant see much further without a scope.And yea just traded for a glock 32 with the 40& 357sig barrel.Hey but the Beretta is an awesome weapon & 9mm is good round.

i enjoy all this discussion like this let people know the real world to shootin i usualy target practice 0-25 yards with my hangun unless its the 357 mag then 50 yards any further ill grab a rifle.cant see much further without a scope.And yea just traded for a glock 32 with the 40& 357sig barrel.Hey but the Beretta is an awesome weapon & 9mm is good round.

I know I am excited. Always wanted an M9A1 since they came out.

And I hate DA/SA guns....go figure

Black Hills makes some of the best ammo for accuracy. For defense the Speer Gold Dot 124 +P and Winchester Ranger 127 +P+ are generally regarded as the top rounds. You're paying for a premium bullet and utmost consistency (which makes them accurate).

lol. if you can't shoot a 9 i don't think a bigger caliber is the answer..... had to say it. sorry.

Big BIG difference between shooting a DA/SA gun like a beretta, and a gun with a good trigger system like a glock or 1911. Glocks and 1911's are MUCH easier to be accurate with.

Premium rounds are often more accurate. On two separate occasions years ago when I was taking classes as a student while shooting drills all of the sudden my "groups" really tightened up compared to how I had been shooting... as in going into one ragged hole at some distance.

After the drill concluded & being a little puzzled cause we had been shooting all day & you kind of learn how you shoot, I dropped out my mag. & let out a small burst of light profanity... the Instructor came over & asked what was wrong.
I said," I just shot my frickin' Hydra-shoks that cost me $1 each!!!" I had been shooting Wolf which back then cost me $5.99 per box of 50.

The Instructor & the rest of the class thought my discomfort to be quite humorous.

Back
Top Bottom