• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats the best 9mm ammo for accuracy?

Hopefully you don't misunderstand my angle. As I said in the first post, I think I would be more focused on YOUR accuracy rather than the minimal accuracy variations between store bought 9mm ammo manufacturers. A bad shooter cant put shots where he wants even with "good" ammo while a great shooter can put shots where he wants even with cheaper ammo.

.....to say accuracy is not relative in any way when shooting any weapon that sends a single projectile downrange is just plain silly ..... no matter how ya spin it in the CNN riflings .....lol ;)

I really dnt think accuracy in short range handgun calibers is relative. Most defensive pistol encounters will happen within 10-15 yards so accuracy so to speak is primarily on you, not a bullet. Most factory short range pistol loads are as accurate as the other. I mean you could shoot fishing weights at 10 yards and be accurate.

^^^Agreed^^^ Not to stomp on anyone, but I have found the 115 WWB's to group great out of my 92 - as good as any other target ammo. While I prefer my loads b/c of recoil and knowledge of exactly what I am shooting - any out the box target ammo should group excellent at 10 -15 yds (given the weapon is of sufficient quality).

I must have missed something. All these posts, but I believe only one dealt with the question the man asked.

I'd have to agree with CCW. Until your skill is extremely high, your ammo selection will be secondary. (unless you plan on shooting your hand gun off sandbags for 50yd groups). As you become better and better with a given pistol, you'll have time to figure out which ammo groups better to your poa. If you are shooting 10" groups at 10 yds with WWB, don't look to ammo to solve a mechanics problem.

every gun is different. what my pistol likes, yours may not. i usually like wwb for plinking. don't know what distance your trying. a handgun is for up close.

Back
Top Bottom