• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why carry an expensive CCW?

What is your life worth? If your biggest worry is how long your gun will be in evidence if you have to use lethal force to protect yourself, then your priorities are messed up. If you want to trust your life with a saturday night special, that is your own choice. However most folks would agree you need to carry what is going function properly when needed. How many police departments do you know that are carrying Hi Point, Bryco, Jennings, Rossi, La Arms, Jiminez, Bersa etc? Just my two cents....

So I understand what you are saying but you also need to be realistic about it. I don't own a single firearm that I can't trust to go bang every single time. If it doesn't it doesn't stay at my house very long. Now for the real reality check.

Once you get to a certain level of reliability v price point , we'll call it the glock standard since it's about the bottom floor, there is no upshot. There is absolutely zero difference between the effectiveness of the bullets coming out of a $3200 nighthawk, $1000 HK or Sig vs a $400 glock in the real world. For me it's not about "what my family is worth" because that's a retarded way to look at it when you're talking about two tools that do the same job equally well. If you have 16 guns that go bang every single time and you can shoot them all equally as well it doesn't matter which one goes in your pants and it's not an issue of one doing better at shooting things than another. If we really, truly wanted to carry what was proven "better" at quickly hitting the target we would all be carrying big comped, magwelled race guns with spaceman red dots on top of them ... but we aren't then are we? CCW is a compromise where we carry an easily concealable gun so you don't put an eotech on top of your carry piece :D

I can afford all of these guns, I own some of all of these guns, but I only carry two of them with any frequency anymore.... For years I carried an HKP2000sk and then a P229r but now days it's a glock19. I've fired so many rounds through it that it's like an extension of my hand and I trust that it to work as much as I trust my finger to work to pull the trigger.... It has never failed in any way and if it ends up in someones evidence lockup I don't care because it costed $450 and I can go get a new one the next day.....and I have two spare factory 30rnd mags for it in the tool bag in the back of the car just in case all hell breaks loose.

You have a "$400" Glock? No way!

I have enough respect to blow someone away with a quality pistol lol I mean who wants to be shot by a HighPoint LMAO

Then you should shoot them in the back or while they are asleep.

And the below just would not work with a 9mm High Point.

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

How about

"This is a 9mm High Point, all I can afford and NATO compliant, it may jam, it may not, you've got to ask yourself......"

As my 13 year old daughter would say , Not so much.

Last edited:
Holy ****. Quoted to make sure I read that right. ;)

Yep

banned.png

Back
Top Bottom