• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife's carry gun suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taurus Raging Judge

Should fit in the ladies purse well

[Broken External Image]:

Holy moly! That thing is a 28 Gauge and the BATF is having a cow about it. They've labeled it an AOW since the only ammo avilable for it is 28ga shotshells. I bet someone at Taurus is crying right now.

I just assumed it was the .45, 410, .454 model

My wife & my mom both carry the Sig P238. Alot better sights than the lcp and night sights. The P238 also has a saftey.

Hammerless double action only 38 revolver with a laser. It can be carried and if need be fired from inside a purse. Can't be limp wristed causing a stovepipe. Manual of arms is simple. If you have to fire it in a close retention hold, close to your body you may get a bit of a burn but no moving slide to deal with. Taurus and Ruger can have crimson trace that come on when you grip the pistol, Smiths new Body Guard you have to turn on the laser.

Pulling the slide is a major issue for my wife also. Seems like any semi auto with an external hammer
was a whole lot easier for her to pull after she cocked the hammer then pulled the slide. The Walther PK 380 was the easiest for her.

Hammerless double action only 38 revolver with a laser. It can be carried and if need be fired from inside a purse. Can't be limp wristed causing a stovepipe. Manual of arms is simple. If you have to fire it in a close retention hold, close to your body you may get a bit of a burn but no moving slide to deal with. Taurus and Ruger can have crimson trace that come on when you grip the pistol, Smiths new Body Guard you have to turn on the laser.

Not a bad suggeston at all, especially if they are not going to be real dedicated to training. Just make sure that they learn the fundamentals of hitting their target w/ & w/o the laser. Don't rely too heavily on technology ( the laser )... anything with batteries can & will go down at the worst possible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom