• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm deer hunting handgun round

www.ballisticsbytheinch.com_mepngs_10mm.png

Not Buffalo Bore
Buffalo bore is good too. I just find Underwood to give more options and cheaper. Example is 20 rnds of Buffalo 180gr for $35 or 20 rnds Underwood 220gr for $18. Either way they are true full power loads. I use commercial downloads for plinking and paper punching in my 10mm's and 357 Sig's. But I carry, self defense or woods load, full power rnds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Buffalo bore is good too. I just find Underwood to give more options and cheaper. Example is 20 rnds of Buffalo 180gr for $35 or 20 rnds Underwood 220gr for $18. Either way they are true full power loads. I use commercial downloads for plinking and paper punching in my 10mm's and 357 Sig's. But I carry, self defense or woods load, full power rnds.
I found the same... I used to used buffalo bore but found Underwood to be more affordable and, many times, have better options.

Don't think hardcast meets the requirements....

Deer & Bear Firearms

• Modern Rifles and Handguns: Centerfire Only, .22-cal. or larger with expanding bullets. There is no restriction on magazine capacity for rifles.

Deer & Bear Firearms

• Modern Rifles and Handguns: Centerfire Only, .22-cal. or larger with expanding bullets. There is no restriction on magazine capacity for rifles.

and as one can see even the so called watered down 10 MM is considerbally more powerful than many legal weapons, people have hunted Deer and like sized animals for decades in Georgia with 357 mags..
MY thing again is shot placement with a pistol on an animal.
theres a lot of difference in sitting on a bench with the weapon resting bagged and shooting it and actually shooting at a Deer in the woods , that may be walking, wind blowing, you being cold etc. so again I would suggest that the hunter think about the distance that they can make a kill shot and hold the range to within that.
it should be about the accuracy of the round in the particular weapon, after all a miss with an Underwood is not nearly as good as a hit with say a Hornady/ Speer, etc.
IF underwood works then great, if not find what does.

and as one can see even the so called watered down 10 MM is considerbally more powerful than many legal weapons, people have hunted Deer and like sized animals for decades in Georgia with 357 mags..
MY thing again is shot placement with a pistol on an animal.
theres a lot of difference in sitting on a bench with the weapon resting bagged and shooting it and actually shooting at a Deer in the woods , that may be walking, wind blowing, you being cold etc. so again I would suggest that the hunter think about the distance that they can make a kill shot and hold the range to within that.
it should be about the accuracy of the round in the particular weapon, after all a miss with an Underwood is not nearly as good as a hit with say a Hornady/ Speer, etc.
IF underwood works then great, if not find what does.

Boy you said it!

After getting comfortable with my .454 Ruger I took it hunting.
When I finally had the opportunity to use it I was on the ground leaning up against a tree.
I put my wrists between my knees to steady myself and took the shot.
I set myself on fire!!!

The escaping gas and flash from the cylinder gap, hit my waterproofed hunting pants and the waterproofing burned off in a flash, burned as fast as gunpowder on the ground!
Scared the hell out of me, I was in the middle of nowhere, far from help and alone.
I dropped trousers quick and took a look at my leg and fortunately it was just red.
(I did get the HUGE doe.)

But for someone else's sake I'll say what you said again!
There's a BIG difference in sitting on a bench and shooting and actually shooting at a Deer in the woods!!!

Deer & Bear Firearms

In that case I would go with Underwoods Hornady 200gr XTP's load. Thats what I carry in my Glock 20 when out in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom