$250,000 settlement for woman hogtied by CHP

1.) It doesn't take that long to pull over after an officer blue lights you. She was definitely evading IMO... why else go from an off ramp at a slow speed to balls to the wall to pass a vehicle and get back on the highway... then go all the way to the left lane.

2.) I do NOT believe they should have handled her so rough... it was excessive no doubt... but just because she is a woman... pregnant or not, don't under estimate her... she could have had a gun on her.. so I understand them taking precautions but taking her down roughly, kneeing her and hog tying her was pretty fu**tarded.

At the same time if you think about it do you expect much from Police? Its not really a "professional/high skilled job"....

I disagree. My father is an almost 30-year veteran and I have never met a single person that dislikes him. He is calm, professional, and sympathetic. I have first-hand seen people scream, cuss, and disrespect him and he never lost his cool or stooped to their level. My husband, a former LEO is the same. He left the profession due to the lack of ethics and morals from his fellow officers.. in short, he was embarassed to be associated with them.

I think to be a GOOD and DECENT officer it does take professionalism and skills. Just because the majority of cops are ****s doesn't mean they all are. I work every single day with cops and to be frank 99.9% of them I cannot stand. Their arrogance is disgusting and unfounded and they have the "God" mentality but I do know a very small few that are upstanding men/women.

Last edited:
I disagree. My father is an almost 30-year veteran and I have never met a single person that dislikes him. He is calm, professional, and sympathetic. I have first-hand seen people scream, cuss, and disrespect him and him never lose his cool or stoop to their level. My husband, a former LEO is the same. He left the profession due to the lack of ethics and morals from his fellow officers.. in short, he was embarassed to be associated with them.

I think to be a GOOD and DECENT officer it does take professionalism and skills. Just because the majority of cops are ****s doesn't mean they all are. I work every single day with cops and to be frank 99.9% of them I cannot stand. Their arrogance is disgusting and unfounded and they have the "God" mentality but I do know a very small few that are upstanding men/women.

Umm, you disagree with him and then call out 99.9% of the ones you work with?

So, what do you disagree with?

Umm, you disagree with him and then call out 99.9% of the ones you work with?

So, what do you disagree with?

Precisely what I stated. I believe to be a GOOD officer one does require professionalism and skills... are you understanding now?

Furthermore I think this is the case in many professions and that it is not just limited to law enforcement. I know a great deal of lawyers, fire fighters, nurses, etc... that are extremely unprofessional and have no respect for others.

Last edited:
At the same time if you think about it do you expect much from Police? Its not really a "professional/high skilled job"....

And that contradicts what I said how? I am sorry perhaps I am unaware of something I typed... did I say ALL COPS ARE THE ****? Hang on, let me read back....
Yea, I didn't think I did so...

You took umbrage with his statement and then said that 99.9% that you know are not qualified under his description.

So if 99.9% get the job without those qualifications, are those qualifications mandatory? Or is that just lip service to make the sheep feel better?

To begin with I have no interest in making any proverbial "sheep" feel better.

Secondly your "point" is unfounded. I said precisely what I meant. To be a good officer it does require a person to be professional and skillful... to be a ****ty officer is doesn't. Furthermore, when I stated I couldn't stand 99.9% of the ones I worked with due to arrogance and a "God" like mentality I never added that the implied 99.9% was unprofessional. The bottom line is it's no secret that a vast majority of cops are rude, unprofessional, and often times just plain ass holes.
I do NOT believe that being an effective and successful officer requires no professionalism/skills. I am not sure where the disconnect is for you and as much as I would love to write it out in crayons to help you understand I neither have the time nor the patience.

To begin with I have no interest in making any proverbial "sheep" feel better.

Secondly your "point" is unfounded. I said precisely what I meant. To be a good officer it does require a person to be professional and skillful... to be a ****ty officer is doesn't. Furthermore, when I stated I couldn't stand 99.9% of the ones I worked with due to arrogance and a "God" like mentality I never added that the implied 99.9% was unprofessional. The bottom line is it's no secret that a vast majority of cops are rude, unprofessional, and often times just plain ass holes.
I do NOT believe that being an effective and successful officer requires no professionalism/skills. I am not sure where the disconnect is for you and as much as I would love to write it out in crayons to help you understand I neither have the time nor the patience.

I have one more question.

Where in the questions and comments I directed at you did I treat you with the disrespect you have shown me throughout your posts?

Back
Top Bottom