$250,000 settlement for woman hogtied by CHP

Precisely what I stated. I believe to be a GOOD officer one does require professionalism and skills... are you understanding now?

Furthermore I think this is the case in many professions and that it is not just limited to law enforcement. I know a great deal of lawyers, fire fighters, nurses, etc... that are extremely unprofessional and have no respect for others.

Ahh, but they don't have powers to arrest us. Do you not see the difference?

I disagree. My father is an almost 30-year veteran and I have never met a single person that dislikes him. He is calm, professional, and sympathetic. I have first-hand seen people scream, cuss, and disrespect him and he never lost his cool or stooped to their level. My husband, a former LEO is the same. He left the profession due to the lack of ethics and morals from his fellow officers.. in short, he was embarassed to be associated with them.

I think to be a GOOD and DECENT officer it does take professionalism and skills. Just because the majority of cops are ****s doesn't mean they all are. I work every single day with cops and to be frank 99.9% of them I cannot stand. Their arrogance is disgusting and unfounded and they have the "God" mentality but I do know a very small few that are upstanding men/women.

Please explain to me at what point I pointed out that 99.9% are "not qualified under HIS description?"

I have one more question.

Where in the questions and comments I directed at you did I treat you with the disrespect you have shown me throughout your posts?

Please explain to me at what point I pointed out that 99.9% are "not qualified under HIS description?"

Answer my question first please.

I have one more question.

Where in the questions and comments I directed at you did I treat you with the disrespect you have shown me throughout your posts?

You're funny. At no point until the last post did I "disrespect" you; Furthermore at what point did you do/say something to deserve respect? You initiated the discussion with an unfounded statement that made absolutely no sense.

You're funny. At no point until the last post did I "disrespect" you; Furthermore at what point did you do/say something to deserve respect? You initiated the discussion with an unfounded statement that made absolutely no sense.

You must be a joy to be married to. God bless him.

Are you black? I ask because I hear the same argument from them when discussing their poor behavior as a group.

Lol am I black, no. I am also no longer holding a discussion with you because that was pretty ignorant... on a public forum no less. The argument can be made from any person, any profession, in any situation.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be a joy to be married to. God bless him.

He seems to be quite happy :) and thanks for the intellectually stimulating conversation and successfully evaded question on your behalf.

The bottom line is it's no secret that a vast majority of cops are rude, unprofessional, and often times just plain ass holes.

I have a question: Have you ever been arrested? I often felt the same way about cops when I was a teenager and caused trouble all the time because the only time I was exposed to cops was when I was making an ass out of myself. Now that I'm grown up (sort of) and don't make an ass of myself (at least not as much), I've found myself on the "other" end of the spectrum where I need to call the cops to report crimes being committed against me (my car has been broken into, a friend and I were jumped by a group of thugs, I had some cracked out person banging on my door at 1 AM one night, etc.). Guess what? Now that I wasn't the one being the asshole, the cops were incredibly respectful and helpful EACH AND EVERY TIME. NOT ONCE has a cop ever been rude to me when I wasn't first the asshole and my opinion toward them has since changed. This begs the idea: If you've had such a bad experience with EVERY person you meet, whether it's cops or anyone else in a profession, maybe the problem isn't the other people.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
I have a question: Have you ever been arrested? I often felt the same way about cops when I was a teenager and caused trouble all the time because the only time I was exposed to cops was when I was making an ass out of myself. Now that I'm grown up (sort of) and don't make an ass of myself (at least not as much), I've found myself on the "other" end of the spectrum where I need to call the cops to report crimes being committed against me (my car has been broken into, a friend and I were jumped by a group of thugs, I had some cracked out person banging on my door at 1 AM one night, etc.). Guess what? Now that I wasn't the one being the asshole, the cops were incredibly respectful and helpful EACH AND EVERY TIME. NOT ONCE has a cop ever been rude to me when I wasn't first the asshole and my opinion toward them has since changed. This begs the question: If you've had such a bad experience with every person you meet, whether it's cops or anyone else in a profession, maybe the problem isn't the other people.

Just a thought.

Read the whole thread. To begin with, I have never had a run in with the law, ever. Perhaps you should read all the posts.

Read the whole forum. To begin with, I have never had a run in with the law, ever. Perhaps you should read all the posts.

Did you say in a previous post that you've never been arrested? What do other posts have to do with your complete and utter disdain for all police officers the world over? This thread is about police officers in CALIFORNIA. There's only a few places in the US that are farther removed, both geographically and politically, than California. I'm not sure why you're taking an example of cops out there and applying it to the police force in Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom