• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$5.79 per pound for Sanding Rib Roast @ Publix

173   0
Reaction score
Pretty damn sure they are losing money for every pound they sell.

I would have guessed a food shortage this winter but it didnt happen.

Sad to see the Ranchers are probably getting pinched with all the inflation on feed but hey...just in time for the holidays. Git Sum!

Attachments

• publix.JPG
    publix.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 751
Ever try the 500 degree method? I did. It really works. IIRC it's something like preheating the oven to 500 degrees and then cook 5 minutes for each pound of meat. THEN you let it sit for 1-1/2 hours OVEN DOOR CLOSED and NEVER ONCE OPENED until done. All the rubbings, seasonings, etc. don't change.

Ever try the 500 degree method? I did. It really works. IIRC it's something like preheating the oven to 500 degrees and then cook 5 minutes for each pound of meat. THEN you let it sit for 1-1/2 hours OVEN DOOR CLOSED and NEVER ONCE OPENED until done. All the rubbings, seasonings, etc. don't change.

I do it this way sometimes, it turns out great

I do it this way sometimes, it turns out great

Does it matter if it has the bone in or not?

Is this the Paula Dean method? It's been 10 years since we've had one...I'm SO GLAD we don't have to have ham this year!

Don't get me wrong, very thankful for all we have - and we love ham. But almost nothing beats a standing rib roast!

Is this the Paula Dean method? It's been 10 years since we've had one...I'm SO GLAD we don't have to have ham this year!

Don't get me wrong, very thankful for all we have - and we love ham. But almost nothing beats a standing rib roast!
We've always left the bone tied on

I've done it with the bone in.

Back
Top Bottom