• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone use a stationary bike

Gunanddoglover

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Dog Father
315   0
Reaction score
Gwinnett, trailer park of the Milky Way Galaxy
I would like to get a stationary bike and the choices are endless. It doesn't need to fancy with the latest technology. I would like one that I could set up in my family room and ride while watching a movie. I am using my Google fu, but would like some input from people that already have one.
Thanks

I like the type you sit in more like a chair. I think they're called recumbent bikes. They're a little easier on your tail bone.

Get any bike you are comfortable with, and may eventually use outdoors. Then buy a Mag Trainer for it- run from $75-$300 (Used & New). When you are comfortable riding or just want a change of scenery, unhook the setup and take the bike outdoors.

$75 from Overstock.com:

P28720245.jpg

I like the type you sit in more like a chair. I think they're called recumbent bikes. They're a little easier on your tail bone.
I have one of those. I bought it off a friend for $40.

OP I think the basic stationary bikes are the same, you’re really just paying for all the doo-dads.

Get any bike you are comfortable with, and may eventually use outdoors. Then buy a Mag Trainer for it- run from $75-$300 (Used & New). When you are comfortable riding or just want a change of scenery, unhook the setup and take the bike outdoors.

$75 from Overstock.com:

P28720245.jpg

I'm going to look into this, I already have a bike.

Bought a refurbished Schwinn spin Bike up at CSM fitness in Kennesaw years ago and have used it primarily winter or rainy days. They have some with tablets or computers for speed & distance and some without.Great prices, huge inventory and easy people to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom