• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using Kratom?

Ex313

Air Force Icon Supporter
Wooba Gooba With The Green Teeth
13   0
Reaction score
I have a prescription for Ritalin. It's what the doctor says I can use to fight off the chronic fatigue that comes with MS. It works well enough that I feel pretty normal when I take it.
However, getting Ritalin is pretty hard to do. There's a shortage and I haven't had my prescription filled in about a year.
My wife has a co-worker who uses Kratom. He swears by it. My wife suggested that I give it a try.
I've tried it. I take about three capsules and it seems to give me some sort of energy boost. Enough to allow me to function for a number of hours anyway.
So, I'm looking to see if anyone here is using it. For me, it's working. Not as well as Ritalin, but it get's me off the couch and that's what I need.
It's also better than hanging out by the middle school trading the kids cigs for their Ritalin.

It may be worth a shot to try out but I wouldn't recommend it too highly. It does provide a decent mood boost/euphoria but you can/will likely build up a tolerance and end up "needing" to take more. Which can lead to dependency and withdrawal similar to opiates so I recommend treading lightly. It's said to be a natural and safe alternative but it should absolutely be treated similarly to opiates as they both bind with the same receptors and can mess with serotonin levels.

That being said it does help lots people with mild pain relief, anxiety, stress.

I took Kratom for years for pain because I didn’t want to take opioids. I started with just a few capsules but before I knew it, I was taking about 4 grams twice a day. It does work, very well, but it’s also terribly addictive. When I finally quit using it, I had withdrawals for days and couldn’t sleep for about 2 weeks. Coming off of it was rough.

I took Kratom for years for pain because I didn’t want to take opioids. I started with just a few capsules but before I knew it, I was taking about 4 grams twice a day. It does work, very well, but it’s also terribly addictive. When I finally quit using it, I had withdrawals for days and couldn’t sleep for about 2 weeks. Coming off of it was rough.

Yep there's a whole reddit subreddit dedicated to quitting kratom. While some can have an easy time getting off, it seems most people will experience withdrawals that can be super rough - restless legs, chills, sweating, diarrhea, anhedonia. **** some people take close to 100 grams daily, extracts, shots etc, it can get out of hand VERY quick. While it can have benefits, it certainly does not come without its downsides!

Back
Top Bottom