• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best 22LR Handguns

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a good 22LR handgun. IT WILL NOT BE USED FOR ANY TYPE OF SELF DEFENSE OR CCW. I am most likely looking for a pistol that is fun to shoot, is reliable, and is accurate. I do not want to have to put a 2nd mortgage on the house to purchase it. This will be a shooter and will NOT be a safe queen. My experience over the last 30 years has been only the Ruger MK2 bull barrel target model. It shot great but was a Muther to take a part and clean. I know the MK IV solved that issue, and I may get a MK IV. But presently, I am not sold on Ruger's quality and may look else where.

I am presently with out a 22LR handgun that I can shoot - Oh the shame of it all!!!

So what do you recommend?

I bought the Ruger SR22 for our family plinker handgun. It's comfortable to hold and has two grip options that slide on and off, easy to manipulate the slide for the wife and kids and it's plenty accurate. I can put 10 shots in the head of a silhouette in about three seconds. If I were going to buy another 22 it would be the same gun. I wish they had a longer barrel version. They might I just haven't looked into it. The family went to Ga firing Line and it was sitting on the rack behind the counter and my wife said I like that one. Once I held it and looked it over real good I saw it was I needed to see. Very fun shooting little gun. It's a hoot to shoot and hits what you aim at. DA and SA so it's the best of both worlds. It's going to hard to beat that one at 329.

Back
Top Bottom