• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best 22LR Handguns

I had an old S&W 22lr 9 shot revolver 6" barrel that I could hit a quarter at 50'.
I wish I had never gotten rid of it.

The buck mark's trigger has no creep, and is so light, you'll hardly know you pulled it.

I had an old S&W 22lr 9 shot revolver 6" barrel that I could hit a quarter at 50'.

The buck mark's trigger has no creep, and is so light, you'll hardly know you pulled it.
I am holding out for one a close friend has, if he decides to let his 10 shot go..Else wise I am saving for a whole house Genny.

Ruger MKII..........or possibly another Ruger; the Single Six! Hours and hours of fun!
2fe50303ed873364bee23fd3357c46f4.jpg
:becky:

S&W never made a nine shot revolver in .22 LR that I'm aware of. They made six shooters, eight shooters, and ten shooters. H&R and High Standard both made nine shot .22's.

There is no 'best' .22, there are some good ones out there than you can get for under $400 new. I'll share what my observations from shooting and running NSSF Rimfire Challenge matches and shooting Steel Challenge matches. These matches will push a firearm to it's limits, expecially when the shooter is running the gun really hard.

Ruger Mark 1, Mark 2, Mark 3's, and 22/45's run really well. The Lite versions are problematic. When folks start tinkering with the guns and magazines, they can be problematic as well. The same goes for the Buckmarks. Those pistols dominate the matches at the upper levels.

The only S&W Victory I saw wouldn't run well. That's a sampling of one and shouldn't be considered data.

Sig Mosquitos and Walther or S&W P22's can't cut it. I've never seen one make it through two consecutive stages without some form of issue. I hate that because I really like the aesthetics of the Mosquito.

The SR22, M&P22, M&P22 Compact, and the Browning 1911 22 all run well but aren't competitive.

The one Beretta Neos I saw had ammo issues at first but they smoothed out after about 1000 rounds.

The S&W 17 and 617 both ran well.

I ran a High Standard Sentinel snub for most of a season, it had a catastrophic cylinder failure (all the internal springs came loose.) It was a great shooting revolver and ran well right up until that moment. As a casual plinker it should last a lifetime.

I never saw any of the Ruger .22 revolvers show up to a match.

The S&W 22 series pistols always ran well.

I have a H&R Model 999 Sportsman. It's a great revolver but they are getting more and more pricey. It would serve well as a plinker.

Back
Top Bottom