• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best AR for $1100?

Lots of Colt lovers but I would go to Dana Safety Supply and take advantage of one of their S&W M&P 15 deals then spend the rest on ammo and accessories. The M&P 15 is a quality factory rifle.

if you are breaking out another $300 you are in a new tier of ARs...that next rung holds its value well too[/QUOTE
Yea that's what I'm wondering if its worth it to go upper echelon. I didn't realize my budget was that short of a premium make. But again is there a big difference in quality of say a LMT or DD and a Colt or even a Stag and S&W?

if you are breaking out another $300 you are in a new tier of ARs...that next rung holds its value well too[/QUOTE
Yea that's what I'm wondering if its worth it to go upper echelon. I didn't realize my budget was that short of a premium make. But again is there a big difference in quality of say a LMT or DD and a Colt or even a Stag and S&W?

i love DDs and i could get what i paid for mine in a few short hours if i posted up. same goes for that Colt though as far as resale. resale value does matter to me. go somewhere that sells the BCM, DD, LMT and handle them next to S&W, Bushy, etc. there is a difference. haters are gonna hate and say they arent worth it...to each their own. i could grab a PSA, home build, M&P sport, etc and go have plenty of fun too though.

for the $1400 you could get a basic carbine with an Aimpoint plus a 7.62 upper from CCF though...you can do a lot with that kind of money!

Why are Colts so great? Honest question... I see everyone on here drool over Colts and was just wondering. I am not trying to be rude but I would love to know why. Why we are at it, I would love to know why their 1911's are so much better as well. I am not taking RESALE Value into it. But why does everyone swear by Colt. I have shot my uncles ans it shoots just fine, but so does my AR just as well. He shoots mine more accurately, or at least he did that day. Is it the nostalgia or is it just the name. Why pay more for Colt. He bought his 15 yrs ago so price is not factor either!

Why are Colts so great? Honest question... I see everyone on here drool over Colts and was just wondering. I am not trying to be rude but I would love to know why. Why we are at it, I would love to know why their 1911's are so much better as well. I am not taking RESALE Value into it. But why does everyone swear by Colt. I have shot my uncles ans it shoots just fine, but so does my AR just as well. He shoots mine more accurately, or at least he did that day. Is it the nostalgia or is it just the name. Why pay more for Colt. He bought his 15 yrs ago so price is not factor either!

You are paying for a name.

Back
Top Bottom