• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best AR for $1100?

Why are Colts so great? Honest question... I see everyone on here drool over Colts and was just wondering. I am not trying to be rude but I would love to know why. Why we are at it, I would love to know why their 1911's are so much better as well. I am not taking RESALE Value into it. But why does everyone swear by Colt. I have shot my uncles ans it shoots just fine, but so does my AR just as well. He shoots mine more accurately, or at least he did that day. Is it the nostalgia or is it just the name. Why pay more for Colt. He bought his 15 yrs ago so price is not factor either!

In short, it's a known quality gun made to mil spec standards and at an affordable price.

Instead of going all the way to an LMT, get a BCM and drop the extra coin on a Geissele SSA trigger and a BCM comp muzzle brake. You can thank me later.

High quality BCG, high quality CHF barrel, excellent quality control. Everything built correctly (not just "to spec" like you'll see in a lot of other brands). Geissele triggers are the way to go as well, I've only fired them, never owned one, however if you use basic research ability, you'll find everyone from 3 gunners to Seal Team 6 ( Bin Laden was killed with a Geissele trigger!!) approves. Battlecomps are the muzzle brake of the 21st century, you'll have almost zero muzzle climb with one on the end.

Last edited:
... how long has BCM been bolting stuff together?

I've seen you make this comment about BCM before. Apparently, they've been around a little longer than you realize. They were producing top quality AR's while Daniel Defense was still making nothing but a rails. When they came on the scene, the only manufacturer putting out a like quality product was Colt. The company is veteran owned and committed to providing the highest quality AR you can buy. I can assure you, their very FIRST gun out the door was superior in every way to your beloved budget / hobby gun AR brands and every gun sent out their door follows the highest standards for quality.

My point about BCM is that it's the flavor of the day....things change so often. It's kinda like Spikes.....everyone thinks spikes means quality now.....It's all opinions.

Back
Top Bottom