• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best AR for $1100?

[/SIZE]
To the OP, it's according to your application. Your price is dead on the 6920. I've owned 6920's still do, there's no magic in the horsey.

I've had very good service from every M&P I've owned. I like to buy them when Smith's got their rebates going. I also have a Stag that I've own longer than any one AR ever. Very good clone. They make many parts the other companies use.

I own DPMS products too. They run fine for me. Two of the most accurate shooters I've had were DPMS factory builds with a little trigger work.

I assemble the majority of my own now, so reselling it doesn't play into what I buy. I've found that no matter what I have, it's junk to others. You know, same with cars. The salesman tell you when you get ready to trade, "everybody wanted one with the big motor and little heater when you got this one, now everybody wants the big heater and little motor."

Last edited by a moderator:
My point about BCM is that it's the flavor of the day....things change so often. It's kinda like Spikes.....everyone thinks spikes means quality now.....It's all opinions.

BCM has been the flavor of the day for going on 7 years now. That's a bit more than a fad. I personally don't think spikes is anything but an airsoft company owned by an asshole who started putting their name on real guns......because in fact, that is what spikes is.

BCM has been the flavor of the day for going on 7 years now. That's a bit more than a fad. I personally don't think spikes is anything but an airsoft company owned by an asshole who started putting their name on real guns......because in fact, that is what spikes is.

People here recommend SOTA stuff...until I came here I have never heard of them before...but it seems that they are popular and folks recommend them.

I know that a lot of people recommend BCM I just don't see what's so special about them.

Clearance, maybe you should use some common research skills before posting about the quality of certain companies. Go read about what thousands of owners say about them and make your opinion from that. It works with more things than just guns, this is not even marketing 101, this is like the first day of Biz Dev.

To the OP, it's according to your application. Your price is dead on the 6920. I've owned 6920's still do, there's no magic in the horsey.

I've had very good service from every M&P I've owned. I like to buy them when Smith's got their rebates going. I also have a Stag that I've own longer than any one AR ever. Very good clone. They make many parts the other companies use.

I own DPMS products too. They run fine for me. Two of the most accurate shooters I've had were DPMS factory builds with a little trigger work.

I assemble the majority of my own now, so reselling it doesn't play into what I buy. I've found that no matter what I have, it's junk to others. You know, same with cars. The salesman tell you when you get ready to trade, "everybody wanted one with the big motor and little heater when you got this one, now everybody wants the big heater and little motor."

I had a Stag too and it seemed very good to me and when I researched ARs before I brought it everyone said Stag was good. So I've been doing a lot of reading on here and on AR15, threads like Colt vs M&P, etc. It seems like Colt has better quality materials in them reading about things like barrel steel, rifling twist, BCG, I don't know where I can see all of the specifics though. I thought there was some chart that had specific AR models but now it just talks about different AR parts and what you should be looking for.

Personally I'm leaning towards first getting a Colt and then picking up another Stag. I could afford to get a top tier like LMT but I would be limit in what I could do afterwards, like getting optics, extra mags, ammo, etc. I think for what I'll be doing I'll be happy with the Colt for right now.

People here recommend SOTA stuff...until I came here I have never heard of them before...but it seems that they are popular and folks recommend them. I know that a lot of people recommend BCM I just don't see what's so special about them.
People here recommend SOTA because it is cheap, no other reason. I personally have no use for SOTA. You can't say the same thing about BCM.

My point about BCM is that it's the flavor of the day....things change so often. It's kinda like Spikes.....everyone thinks spikes means quality now.....It's all opinions.

BCM is a vastly different company than Spikes, starting with the character of their ownership. They are not even remotely similar and I have no use for anything sold by Spikes and the dirt bag that owns it.

BCM has been around longer than most people realize because they are a small company and have purposely kept a low profile. Spend a little time researching them and you will find out why people recommend them. Excellent quality and excellent service.

Lazarus if this is going to be nothing more than a range toy then just buy an upper and keep your stag lower.

You never know if something is "just" gonna be for the range and I'm not the type of person that buys stuff that won't last. Now when I get it and put a thousand rounds through it the first month? No but I don't want to ever have to worry about my gun if I start all of a sudden shoot it a lot.

People here recommend SOTA because it is cheap, no other reason. I personally have no use for SOTA. You can't say the same thing about BCM.

You literally took the words out of my mouth. Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom