• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cop kills leashed dog.

My little sister is mentally handicapped and I still use the term. It's more of social colloquialism nowadays. Beleive me when I say that mentally handicapped people are some of the bestbhumanbeings I've ever had the privilege of knowing.

but thats what i dont get, it doesnt have anything to do with them at all if used in that context. to be fair i dont work or am i around folks like that so maybe my opinion doesnt hold as much weight as i dont have an ethos on the matter.

i would never go out of my way to be disrespectful. but then again i dont alter my colloquialisms depending on who im around. i speak openly and freely and i feel like that gives more respect than anything rather than tip toeing. just the way i figure it.

pretty much i dont think about who i may offend when using a common phrase. i suppose i could try and not offend anyone across the board but thats too much work for me lol

what exactly do you do when working with them anyway? just curious, like i said i dont know much about it in general

Most importantly, you respect them and love them as they love you. I understand what you are saying, I don't try to alter my speach, my heart sees them differently, therefore I instictively refrain from using that terminology. I figured that by pointing out the disrespectful use of terminology, someone may be enlightened and change the way the look at these beautiful people. They are flawless creations, born without prejudice, and hatred. We should all be that lucky, we think we are blessed because we have a high IQ, reasoning and an education, but yet we judge and hate.

Last edited:
Alright, It was my comment that has turned this the wrong way. I meant to place no issue upon any persons that are Mentally challenged. I have a special place in my soul for the ones that have to deal with that. I grew up around more of them than you would think. My grandfather worked at Northwest Georgia Regional Hospital in Rome. He would take me to work with him all the time and I would help around there doing whatever they needed. I rode the Church bus with two days a week and twice on Sunday as my GF transported them to and from. Spent many years doing this and never felt anything but respect for the ones that had to suffer from this. So no harm was intended. So back to topic we go. 3..2..1.. and were off.

Most importantly, you respect them and love them as they love you. I understand what you are saying, I don't try to alter my speach, my heart sees them differently, therefore I instictly refrain from using that terminology. I figured that by pointing out the disrespectful use of terminology, someone may be enlightened and change the way the look at these beautiful people. They are flawless creations, born without prejudice, and hatred. We should all be that lucky, we think we are blessed because we have a high IQ, reasoning and an education, but yet we judge and hate.

if you had posted this first, rather than try to push your way to speak, you would probably have received more positive reactions/replys imho.

Most importantly, you respect them and love them as they love you. I understand what you are saying, I don't try to alter my speach, my heart sees them differently, therefore I instictively refrain from using that terminology. I figured that by pointing out the disrespectful use of terminology, someone may be enlightened and change the way the look at these beautiful people. They are flawless creations, born without prejudice, and hatred. We should all be that lucky, we think we are blessed because we have a high IQ, reasoning and an education, but yet we judge and hate.
not contesting any of that. good stuff

I thought he meant not to group the cops in with the mentally retarded people lol like don't disrespect the mentally handicapped by describing a POS dog shooting cop with the word retard lol.

Back
Top Bottom