• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Court won't overturn GA church gun ban

GA Carry released this in part of their statement:

"This does not mean that we are through fighting for the church's right to decide or your right to self defense when attending church."

I respect every place of business's view on firearms on their premises as long as they respect mine for not going there if they refuse me the right to protect myself and my family

Churches are listed as one of the prohibited places to carry. I don't think a letter from the Pastor over-rides that.

As far as bar carry , the law says with permission from the ownwer. I don't see that with churches.

Churches are listed as one of the prohibited places to carry. I don't think a letter from the Pastor over-rides that.

As far as bar carry , the law says with permission from the ownwer. I don't see that with churches.

My church allows specific members to discreetly carry with whatever the state requires to allow this lawfully. I'm sure mine is not the only one such as CCW's. I suspect the reason they don't make this common public knowledge is for tactical reasons as well as not wanting to spook the herd. The only folks who know who they are have a need to know and it is not common knowledge.

You can address security issues with the church staff and I would expect an intelligent-feasible answer. I would hope it's more than calling 911 and hunting for cover.

Ruger762 is correct. A letter from a pastor doesn't change anything. It is still unlawful to take a un into church. The only place where an owner's permission means anything is a bar. Otherwise, govt buildings, churches, schools/colleges and polling places are completely off limits.

Back
Top Bottom