• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

did we really go to the moon

Why else would this forum have a survival section? No one really says it out loud but we all know it is a possibility. Billions of stars... billions of atmospheres... you're foolish to think there is no other intelligent life. I'm not some guy with tin foil on his head, however, I can add 2+2.

Prof Stephen Hawking thinks that, rather than actively trying to communicate with extra-terrestrials, humans should do everything possible to avoid contact. He explained: "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet."

Hawking’s vision of an alien encounter is more like the attack scene from Independence Day:

In all seriousness, Hawking’s declaration has serious political implications. Funding for space exploration is already a hot issue, and who wants to be the president that champions the program that leads to the ultimate destruction of the human race?

Our military has spent money trying to weaponize bats. Seems like the moon would have some potential.
images_mediawiki_sites.thefullwiki.org_08_1_7_8_45463603383402724.jpg

I know people that claim to go to the moon, Mars and Pluto at least once a week...
20160803_122321.png

They also claim to taste colors and can count to potato, but that's another story...

I wish we would focus on space exploration again. The world needs more innovative products like Tang and velcro...

I know people that claim to go to the moon, Mars and Pluto at least once a week...
View attachment 858232

They also claim to taste colors and can count to potato, but that's another story...

I wish we would focus on space exploration again. The world needs more innovative products like Tang and velcro...

I don't know what kind of weed makes you count to potato, but I want some.

Did you notice that every probe that we sent to or around Mars never transmitted any information back to earth and was never heard from again? Makes me go Huuummmmm.
I guess that this is really just a picture from the outskirts of Bakersfield, or maybe on a Hollywood sound stage?

pia16937-16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom