• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you guys think.............NM I got a .44 magnum instead.

You can always make a range trip fun with magnums!
I shot my DW 44Mag this past weekend, along with my DW 357Mag. Always puts a smile on my face and loosens up the old thumb!
When I was a kid I had a callous on the palm of my right hand from shooting my 44 sbh so much. Back when I use to reload and pop off 1000 rounds in a week. Wore that sbh slap out in a few years had to send it back to ruger to be rebarrelled and the cylinder replaced because there was an ever so slight misalignment from cylinder to bore that ate away the cylinder throat.

Never even heard of the colt magnum caliber, looks to be one of those alone calibers that didn't become popular for the mainstream.
They make special 45 colt rounds for ruger pistols because the rugers can take a beating. They use to take a blackhawk 45 colt and make it a 454 casull.

They make special 45 colt rounds for ruger pistols because the rugers can take a beating. They use to take a blackhawk 45 colt and make it a 454 casull.

Yeah I looked and read about the cartridge after I posted it, 454 and 460 only, I know the 460 is a heck of a round.

And about the Rugers , i agree, they're tough. But i like Smith's just as much, the Rugers are my go to guns for hunting.

When I was a kid I had a callous on the palm of my right hand from shooting my 44 sbh so much. Back when I use to reload and pop off 1000 rounds in a week. Wore that sbh slap out in a few years had to send it back to ruger to be rebarrelled and the cylinder replaced because there was an ever so slight misalignment from cylinder to bore that ate away the cylinder throat.
You sound like Henry Bowman ;)

Yeah I looked and read about the cartridge after I posted it, 454 and 460 only, I know the 460 is a heck of a round.

And about the Rugers , i agree, they're tough. But i like Smith's just as much, the Rugers are my go to guns for hunting.
BABY PISTOL.jpg

The 460 is a different animal all by itself

Back
Top Bottom