• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you pass on a good deal if it requires a Bill of Sale?

Well, you may be psychic, but for the rest of us, fulfilling the ID requirement may mean verifying. But don't worry. I'd never card you anyway. Hell, I'd never deal with you in the first place.

Well, an intelligent person can show his license and keep his thumb over the name and address, while still letting both the expiration date and that big old Georgia logo remain clearly visible. Like I said, an intelligent person. Sorry if that leaves you out.

Nah, myself and many others here will continue to require a BOS....ya don't like it?...tough ****.

I would probably rather not do a BOS, but if a Longslide 10mm Javelina LNIB showed up for 400 bucks, I'd do almost anything they wanted...

Well, you may be psychic, but for the rest of us, fulfilling the ID requirement may mean verifying. But don't worry. I'd never card you anyway. Hell, I'd never deal with you in the first place.

You can throw out insults and make smart ass comments but you still can not produce a federal or state law that says a person is required present ID. It is not about being psychic it is about taking a person at their word. The key word in your Q&A from the ATF is REASONABLE CAUSE. So long as a person does not give me REASONABLE CAUSE, to believe that they are a prohibited person then taking them at their word that they are a resident and that they are not a prohibited person is sufficient. Anything else like seeing an ID or BOS is extra feel good bull****.

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Last edited:
As a MOD, that's the best you can do...is call me stupid?...lmaoo

Call you stupid? No. Perhaps you're just feeling like owning it.

And WTF does mod have to do with any question if whether or not your position is stupid?

None. But it's agreat way for you to try to censor me. Typical bullying of someone who disagrees with you.

You can throw out insults and make smart ass comments but you still can not produce a federal or state law that says a person is required present ID. It is not about being psychic it is about taking a person at their word. The key word in your Q&A from the ATF is REASONABLE CAUSE. So long as a person does not give me REASONABLE CAUSE, to believe that they are a prohibited person then taking them at their word that they are a resident and that they are not a prohibited person is sufficient. Anything else like seeing an ID or BOS is extra feel good bull****.

Reading compression, get some FAST! The reasonable cause clause applies to suspicion that the person is unqualified to own a gun legally. It has nothing to do woth residency. There is NO "reasonable cause" qualifier for that.

Reading is a *****. And if you get caught selling to a gun without verifying residency to one of Bloombergs thug buyers, you gonna be somebody's ***** too.

Back
Top Bottom