• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you pass on a good deal if it requires a Bill of Sale?

I think if someone have 6, 10, 20 positive feedbacks and still sellers require to see ID, its not cool. Personally I am ok if you want to glance at my ID or CCP but if you get a pen and start writing my info, HOLD UP, KEEP YOUR GUN AND LET ME FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO WANTS MY MONEY.

I think if someone have 6, 10, 20 positive feedbacks and still sellers require to see ID, its not cool. Personally I am ok if you want to glance at my ID or CCP but if you get a pen and start writing my info, HOLD UP, KEEP YOUR GUN AND LET ME FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO WANTS MY MONEY.

If they have a Million positve feedbacks and you DON'T ask for ID it's not only not cool, it's down right stupid.

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

In order to obey this law you have to know, not guess, KNOW that the other party is a resident of the same state. That means a GA ID/DL.

CYA. Obey the law. Read and live by my signature line. ;)

Next we have the "A BoS will protect me from legal action" school of thought. WRONG! A piece of paper, written(or printed) by a private citizen who claims it was signed by another private citizen is only slightly less useful than toilet paper. The toilet paper won't give you paper cuts on your ass. No document signed without proper witness/notarization is worth the paper it was written on.

I can buy a gun from you, kill someone with it and using the info on the BoS with your address, return the gun to either your property oreven your neighbors so that it when it's found it looks like YOU were trying to dispose of or hide it. Think anyone is going to believe your BoS wwith my denial and your possession? All I have to say is that we did a deal on something else altogether and you must have used my info to dummy up another BoS. Or in reality I just act shocked and say I gave you my info but have no idea how you used it. The inference that you dummied the BoS will be made quickly without my input.

Or:

I can meet you, sell you one gun and either get you to sign some vague BoS or just see and memorize your name and DL # and write them down before I forget, then write out a BoS using your info and left hand sign it saying I sold you a totally different gun, use that gun to murder someone, come to your house when you are at work (remember you told me you couldn't meet me thursdays cause you work late) and of course I have your address from your BoS on the real sale, toss the gun in your shed, garage, trash, truck bed etc. Then tell the cops I sold it to you and show my BoS. I'm covered...right?

The bottom line is a BoS is a PoS. Period.

If they have a Million positve feedbacks and you DON'T ask for ID it's not only not cool, it's down right stupid.

In order to obey this law you have to know, not guess, KNOW that the other party is a resident of the same state. That means a GA ID/DL.

So, which is it?

Well, an intelligent person can show his license and keep his thumb over the name and address, while still letting both the expiration date and that big old Georgia logo remain clearly visible. Like I said, an intelligent person. Sorry if that leaves you out.

Well, an intelligent person can show his license and keep his thumb over the name and address, while still letting both the expiration date and that big old Georgia logo remain clearly visible. Like I said, an intelligent person. Sorry if that leaves you out.

:boink:

Nowhere in there does it state you are required to see an ID. Show me something that says that a seller is required to see and ID and I will start asking buyers to show me one. Until then their word is sufficient for me.

Back
Top Bottom