• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

I hope this passes. I can understand those of you who say that the background checks and fees prevent some who shouldnt carry from doing so, however you cannot deny the fact that most who carry with ill intent do so with complete disregard for the law in the first place. Background checks, finger printing, and fees are unnecessary government intrusions.

Just going to throw this in there... Those that carry with intent to murder or steal have stolen guns, carry illegally, disregard public safety and are not affected by our current laws... Why should I, an honest hard working citizen with legal firearms have to pay 80$, be finger printed, background checked and fill out gobs of paperwork to protect myself from the evils of this world? Cops carry guns to protect themselves. Pepper spray is ineffective, and when seconds count, cops are minutes away. I believe in constitutional carry and deregulated carry. You think loosening gun control to responsible citizens is going to suddenly cause a skyrocket in crime? Nope, because the ones non affected by current laws do this already anyways. If Obama himself came and took all guns away, home boy would still have them. If open and concealed carry were deemed only legal to officers of the peace, homeboy would still have one on him, and if every business prohibited guns, homeboy is still gonna bring one in to rob you, schools ban gins and you still have school shootings..

Ya'll realize that poor people have the right to self-defense too, right? Or do you also support the banning of "saturday night specials" because cheap guns make crime go up?

BigH07 - Your 30+ year LEO friend is wrong. I have it from the Law Enforcement Officer who has written the course material that other Law Enforcement Officers are now being trained with across the state of GA on this exact topic. I also have it from the GA State Law itself.

If you carry a handgun, openly or concealed, without a Georgia Weapons License out in public, outside your home, car or place of business, you are breaking the law. If caught you will most likely be arrested.

If you are currently carrying a firearm around without a GWL, do yourself a favor and stop until you can get a GWL.

Yeah I made a boo boo in my words! I meant with a permit. BIG misunderstanding on here lol I do have my permit and have for many years, I am in favor with mtgldr, make it affordable and again I say make em require a class that teaches the basics: How to load, unload, clean, etc. Nothing wrong with knwing the basics and practicing muscle memory! my $.02

What kind of mandatory training should one undergo before you would allow someone to exercise their right to free speech or to practice their religion?

I guess we decide that once words can kill.... LOL

do you have any evidence whatsoever to indicate states with mandatory training have fewer accidents among permit holders? Because there is evidence that the more requirements are placed, the fewer people get permits.

And that's not even considering the whole pesky Constitutional issue.

do you have any evidence whatsoever to indicate states with mandatory training have fewer accidents among permit holders? Because there is evidence that the more requirements are placed, the fewer people get permits. And that's not even considering the whole pesky Constitutional issue.
Evidence? Well I can tell in about 30 seconds at the range when someone has no idea how to use a firearm. You know, the folks you don't want to be in the range with when they're shooting? (:

Sure, who needs actual evidence? I mean, you've seen people at the range and that's good enough for you to be cool with a few "common sense" gun control meaures, right?

Maybe I'm the crazy one here who wants something more than anecdotal evidence before I start advocating restrictions on Constitutional rights.

Back
Top Bottom