• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

It's like driving you know in about 30 seconds which morons you don't want to be on the road with when they are driving. Better yet, take the stupid people that operate watercraft, no training or licencing necessary. Neither one of these are constitutional rights. There are a lot more people killed by automobile/watercraft accidents verses pistols and long guns.

Evidence? Well I can tell in about 30 seconds at the range when someone has no idea how to use a firearm. You know, the folks you don't want to be in the range with when they're shooting? (:

Sure, who needs actual evidence? I mean, you've seen people at the range and that's good enough for you to be cool with a few "common sense" gun control meaures, right?

Maybe I'm the crazy one here who wants something more than anecdotal evidence before I start advocating restrictions on Constitutional rights.

You are not alone.

I wonder how this will change the firearm purchasing process through a dealer. Will a background check have to be conducted every time? It sure is nice to just lay down your license and walk out the door.

yeah.. this is what I am wondering too. I like the convenience of being able to go in, pick a gun, fill out the book, pay and walk out.

also.. If they get rid of licenses... what will I do with my CCW display necklace and sash? this is crap

yeah.. this is what I am wondering too. I like the convenience of being able to go in, pick a gun, fill out the book, pay and walk out.

also.. If they get rid of licenses... what will I do with my CCW display necklace and sash? this is crap

The CWP will still be offered for ease of purchase and reciprocity with other states.

I wonder how this will change the firearm purchasing process through a dealer. Will a background check have to be conducted every time? It sure is nice to just lay down your license and walk out the door.
i dont see why they would get rid of the license, i still want to carry concealed and i think this is only for open carry

I'm not going to "hate" you. But I am going to call you an uninformed fear monger. Vermont, Alaska, Wyoming, and Arizona all have unlicensed carry and I'm not aware of any problems associated with it. If you have some information that I don't know about, please present it.

HEY!!!! I actually agree with something Dunkel said lol.

"Shall not be infringed"

What kind of mandatory training should one undergo before you would allow someone to exercise their right to free speech or to practice their religion?

And id say freedom of religion and speech is completely diff than carrying a gun! The first amendment is drawn out quite clear with not too much room for argument or interpretation. You keep speaking of constitutional rights and I believe this issue has been discussed by myself and others in another post on here. The second amendment gives us the right to bear arms. It doesn't specify concealed carry, or carrying in public, it just says bear arms. I dont see how expecting someone to know the in's and out's of their weapons as well as having a card saying that they know what they are doing when they carry is a violation of the Constitution?!?!? Not trying to create a ruckus here just saying where is the Constitution being violated? And why would that be such a bad idea?

I think a class would continue to discourage the ones that shouldn't be carrying from doing so and make the ones who want to carry appreciate it the right even more!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom