• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going to give it a shot! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

I'll be heading out this morning to shoot my Tac Ops model. I like it.
Tac Ops 2.JPG
Sig Tac Ops.JPG

Been thinking about it for quite some time, and believe I am going to give a Sig pistol a go. I’m not a fan of any particular brand to be honest. I like Beretta because I carried one for ten years in the Air Force and like Glock because I’ve carried one for the past 12 years in LE.

It’s been the price point for the most part that’s kept me thinking. But believe I’m going to search out a Sig Legion. No telling how long it will take me to find one.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-sig-legion-p229.1565028/

Well BIGLEW you check with your wife and if she says go for it just do it.

I'm a lucky man, she never complains about my gun dealings. The only time she complained was when I thought about selling the first AR I built. She raised hell about that and told me real quick that wasn't going anywhere. Says she want to keep it if anything ever happens to me.

I appreciate the link, but this is exactly my point of wanting to shoot it first before I buy it. That gun is practically brand new and the asking price is $925 for it. The lowest I've seen it is just over $1200... That's a big loss if I do not like it.

Went by Stoddards this evening. They don’t have any to shoot for rentals. But I really liked the feel of the P229 Legion. Anyone got one they’d be willing to meet up with me to let me shoot? At $1200 plus I’d really like to try one before I take the dive. The range time would be on me of course.
Yeah handle one a while before you decide. I always loved the feel and heft of the 229.
That was until I traded into a 226 Tacops, that I was going to try to trade for a nice 229.

After handling it some at home I realized it felt better and it “pointed” better than any gun I’ve ever owned. Even thought it’s a bigger gun than the 229 it fits slimmer and just as easy to carry.
Carry a plain Jane 226 now and I love it. Shoots for me better than any gun I’ve ever owned in 9mm, .357sig or .40. I’ve got barrels for all three for my two 226s and my 239.

I trust Glock, but I shoot Sig much better.

Back
Top Bottom