• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

I know what I like and don't like in the line of guns. I'm pretty knowledgeable and don't often need a lot of help. But I am afflicted with a bad case of horse trader-itis! I NEED a man I can haggle with!!

Places I like:
David's Gun Room in Norcross
-they have a good selection and I have always been treated well there (good hagglers!). I understand that they get busy on weekends, but if you are patient, you will receive the same fine service as the customers that were helped before you.
Clyde Armory in Athens- good selection, good prices, help is hit or miss at times and it seems that only one guy has the authority to accept/make trades (haggle).
Franklin's in Athens- a good selection, but is the most disorganized gun shop I have ever been in. Maybe I just don't understand their display system. Service has improved from none existent a few years ago to efficient and friendly as of late. It's a friendly place to pass some time. Oddly, I have never bought a gun there!

Places I hate: Bullseye in Lawrenceville-I find it old, noisy, dirty and disorganized. I found the personnel to be unprofessional and unfriendly, even rude. I have gone there once, just to look and once to shoot. Both times I came away feeling like I had somehow disturbed them by taking up their time. That ain't happening again!!
Wal-Mart-Anywhere-I had to fill out Federal paperwork (form 4473) AND Wal-Mart paperwork!! Then, while the public address system in the store was used to blare out "Firearm coming to the front of the store, Firearm coming to the front of the store", the sporting goods clerk, holding the rifle box over his head, insisted on carrying the firearm into the parking lot and placing it in the trunk of my car! This sure as hell is never happening again!! :nono::nono: (Too bad it was a great price on a very nice rifle!)
Last of all-Any shop where the staff and customers point firearms at imagined targets with no regard to who or what it may be pointed at :fear::fear:, which I find very disconcerting and down right dangerous. (I won't mention the name of where this occurs way to often. Hopefully they will hear about this and improve their safety before someone gets hurt!!)

Last edited:
hahahaha I have seen plenty of idiots that think they are operators. What a stupid term. I hate going into any shop and being completely ignored. I dont want to be hounded but at least acknowledge my presence and offer to assist.

This times 1000. Main reason why I will never go to Bullseye again. For the stuff I can't get at work I will go to Hilltop Pawn, Great customer service from the start. As far as Idiots passing as Operators, If you only knew. What makes it worse is the actual military Fobbits trying to act like they are operators and then when you asked them the right questions, they have no clue.

I have been reading alot of these, and have yet to see anything about the 2 I'm going to share.
1. 42 North Gun Range, Army Navy Outdoor Center in Stockbridge, GA. This is a great place with great prices on guns and bows. And thay have a range for both guns and archery.
2. Forest Park Army Navy on Main St in Forest Park GA great prices, and pleanty of guns and ammo in stock. Thay also have a Police Supply store accross the street.

All three of these stores are owned by the same person and everyone that works there have been there for years.

The Gun Room in Smyrna, GA! I do not think that they are open anymore but anytime you walked in there they gave you the feeling that you had just walked into their living room off the street bare chested and sat down next to their teenage daughter while drinking one their beers.

The place was usually populated by the same unfriendly regulars, and they made damned sure they you knew they were none to happy about you interrupting their important gossip.

Unless you were a FUDD, and nothing but a FUDD, they had absolutely nothing that I could use. After going in 4 times I resolved to never waste another 30 seconds of my life on a 5th attempt at giving them my money.

I like the guys at trigger time. I used to hate bullseye because they were always rude, but I went in a couple weeks ago and the old white haired man was very nice, helpful and would not stop chatting. In my past experiences over the years it was hard to get any help no matter how busy they were. Last time I had 3 of them ask if I needed any help.

Oh, but I won't use bullseye's range. Too many idiots.

Back
Top Bottom