• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

Arrowhead Pawn on 19/41 on the Southside is pretty good. Their prices are pretty good for getting a good used handgun. They always have Gen1, 2 and 3 glocks for around 400 bucks. Now, they only come with 1 mag but they're pretty cool

Hilltop Pawn in Snellville is awesome too. Deal with John, he's a good guy.

Bullseye in Lawrenceville is a great place to buy and shoot. Joe, Jason and Micah are cool dudes to work with. Just because Jason doesn't smile doesn't mean he's an ass. He's just ex-military and doesn't play around.

Now, one I would NEVER buy anything from is MR. PAWN in Lilburn off Lawrenceville, Hwy. The dude in there is an effing douche. He has a bad attitude and his prices are ridiculous. Not customer friendly at all.

Just my $.02

Guns-n-Gold Pawn, Riverdale GA... I used to love them; but after the "panic" started, they began gouging the hell outta their customers. Selling Sks for $900-1150!!! I even looked at a few cheap Pro-Mag magazines... these guys were charging $89.99 for mags that are $32.99MSRP

This ^^^ type of nonsense is whats hurting us firearms owners...

CG&P is my top choice also but I was a bit surprised last week when I saw, IMO, some ammo at high prices. They were unpacking some Winchester white box 9mm 100 round value pack and pricing them at $35.99 which I thought was high, .45ACP WWB, 100 round box at $52+. I also saw a few boxes of cci stingers, .22LR for $10 a box of 50. Being everything else in the store is a great price I was a bit taken back by that but it could be that they paid high to get it in I guess. Still it is the first place I stop when driving south, usually way too much at great prices so you have to check your wallet at the door or you want to buy a bunch of stuff. But sigh, I think they are just about out of girl scout cookies!!!

Visited Davids Gun Room off Buford Hwy recently for the first time. Amazed to see LOTS of reloading components - powder, primers, projectiles - they even had primed brass in stock. Prices were not bad, but not great BUT they had stuff. Harley was friendly and knowlegeable - expected to be in 'n out - spent an hour there. Bought stuff. Good place.

Love Cherokee, Hi Caliber guys, BigWoods range and owners, (not so much his help lately tho). Won't be back to Eds/Nicks/GaNoGunsLine again, they should start selling Pottery or something 'cause there arent any pistols, ever. Or ammo, ever. Or reloading stuff, ever. Heard stories of good deals at the rifle counter, but when you go to check them out, their well...out. I'm done with 'em.

Went to Chucks Gun and Pawn in Warner Robins and they are always my last choice. They have a Savage 64 .22 rile with the pencil scope and “NO MAGAZINE” for $235.00. I purchased the same rifle from Academy Sports for $149.00. I asked the guy if it is correct and all he said “it is what it is.” If you have another choice then do not go there unless you have exhausted all other options.

Went to Chucks Gun and Pawn in Warner Robins and they are always my last choice. They have a Savage 64 .22 rile with the pencil scope and “NO MAGAZINE” for $235.00. I purchased the same rifle from Academy Sports for $149.00. I asked the guy if it is correct and all he said “it is what it is.” If you have another choice then do not go there unless you have exhausted all other options.

Chuck's has the luxury of having Robins AFB right down the road. A good bit of new troops to the area are anamored with the idea of a well stocked pawnshop so close. Some from states where pawnshops don't exist and are gun un-friendly states. They use that to their advantage. Trust me. I have swore off going in their for the rest of my life. Really not trying to sound funny, but I truly did. When they see young Airmen go in there they lick their chops. It is a steady paycheck and a constant customer stream. Also the fact they are beyond arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom