Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

I rarely sell anything at pawn shops...but then I rarely SELL any guns any way. I have traded several times and, again, I feel I've always been treated fairly at Pawn Express.

Now talk about getting bent over on trade in value. That's what started this thread. Gables in Newnan. Still wouldn't piss on thier door if their store was on fire. See, in my old age I'm learning how to hold a grudge. :)

I rarely sell anything at pawn shops...but then I rarely SELL any guns any way. I have traded several times and, again, I feel I've always been treated fairly at Pawn Express.

Now talk about getting bent over on trade in value. That's what started this thread. Gables in Newnan. Still wouldn't piss on thier door if their store was on fire. See, in my old age I'm learning how to hold a grudge. :)

yeah the Newnan store isn't high on my list. But the original in Douglasville was EXCELLENT.

I really like Ga Firing line and Cherokee gun and pawn. Both are great shops. If I want to buy a glock for a good price I like Lakeside guns, other then a glock they never have anything. I hate Adventure Outdoors because I cannot carry inside, if you do buy something you have to go through at least 3 check points and have all your info looked at everytime before you can leave. Unfortunately if I want something "right now" they are the only ones that will have it and I am forced to go, so the only good thing is they are huge and have a good selection. Also it seems like everytime I want or need something "right now" its Sunday and they are closed.

tsg outdoor is right at z mile down the street

Like: adventure outdoors. I've heard others state bad service, but I've been in 4 times and only purchased two of the times. Never treated badly at all. And the prices are great.

Academy Athens. Bought many from there. Only one issue that you'll see below.

Hate: franklin's Athens. Bad service. And extremely high prices. An SA GI model I was looking at for $539 at adventure
outdoors was $733 at franklins.

Clyde armory Athens. Decent prices. Crappy service. Even worse since they hired the
idiot that got fired from academy. He litteraly has no clue of what he's trying to sell. I was at academy buying a mossberg rifle and over heard him telling a customer that the Remington 770 and the 700 were identical guns except the stock. I had to step in and tell the man the true difference. After that the man told the manager he was still willing to buy there as long as it wasn't from that idiot.

Another is Dixie ammo dump in braselton. I went in just to pick up some ammo. Owner was on The phone with his wife or girlfriend the entire 20 minutes I stood at the counter. He Finnaly told her to wait when I started showing my discontent with his service. If any where else close to me had what I needed I wouldn't have gave that place a dime.

to be honest almost all gun shops and pawn shops the owners are asses and ppl act like you are bothering them..its almost like they dont want to be there. ive been to maybe 1 gun shop in my life where it was good service. the place was called the indoor range in stone moutain near the old stn mountain festival and michaels parking lot. this was 14 years ago. i was 21 and bought my first pistol a 23c. for $495 in 2002. glocks do hold their value i guess. but its the small gun shops where the owner is the sakes person wher it seems people actually care and are NICE. but theres always the asshole in every guin shop..bc they know so much and ppl annoy them with questions. Id love to see a used car salesman act like these gun salesmen. no dog in the fight your just bothering them. There was one place they whole team was cool. the gun store. was a bunch of younger vets. they all seemed to give a damn too. which is half the fun of browsing for a gun is talking guns. and not feeling like your bothering someone

I make it a point not to hire jerks at my shop. That is one of the reasons I opened shop. I hated being treated wrong just because I don't look "operator" enough.
GA firing line and Cherokee are top notch though. I love going there.

I make it a point not to hire jerks at my shop. That is one of the reasons I opened shop. I hated being treated wrong just because I don't look "operator" enough.
GA firing line and Cherokee are top notch though. I love going there.

hahahaha I have seen plenty of idiots that think they are operators. What a stupid term. I hate going into any shop and being completely ignored. I dont want to be hounded but at least acknowledge my presence and offer to assist.

if you want to get treated well at a pawn shop check out Red Dawn gun and pawn great people over there great service there in Marietta off of 41

Back
Top Bottom