• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

big spender here. I think the most i have spent in a pawn shop is about $2.00, but i am only 65 years old
i have been lurking at a few here in catersville and do like main street. I believe they were under 300 on the lcp just before christmas.. Would be nice if they at a we site..

just go to cherokee guns you will never go to back to main street again

just go to cherokee guns you will never go to back to main street again

Ron, I have seen them at two gun shows and did visit their shop a year or so ago. The shop didn't do a lot for me since I am blind as a bat and was hard to see their stuff. Will go back, jst on their site over the weekend checking out their mosin prices.

Also, looking at the quote in your post . I NEED TO READ WHAT I PLAN TO POST!

I just got home from Smyrna Police Dist., bought a Gen.4 Glock 26. People were respectful and the whole process was smooth. I bought a Blackhawk holster, mag extensions and a spare mag. The 26 came with 3 mags and interchangeable back straps. I called Ed's before I left this morning and the girl there was a total idiot, she said they don't have any Glocks right now but would be getting some soon. Saved me a trip. I doubt if I ever will go to Ed's. They are a Distributor, I highly doubt they don't have any Glocks right now. AO is not a favorite store, haven't been to the new one since they sucked so bad at the old one. I realize SPD is a sister store, but the people sure treated me good today. Cherokee is a good store, friendly and have a good stock. I have bought 4-5 guns there in the last 2 years. I tend to buy my ammo from Kudzu since it is right down the street from me. I have been in Lakeside a few times, not really impressed. The young guys there seemed more interested in their Tacticool black rifles than waiting on a customer. I wanted to look at a few Glocks since I was in the market, they could have cared less. There was 2 customers and 5 employees......and they were busy talking to each other. No one has any Glock 19 Blue Label right now, I would have bought one today also. The Pawn shop near me must get their prices from the same people that price guns here........lol, they have a sign that says they will order any gun for $40 over their cost. I priced a few with them and told them they were $100 more than I can buy them retail almost any place else, they do tend to sell a lot of the $200 High Point C9's though.

I called Ed's before I left this morning and the girl there was a total idiot, she said they don't have any Glocks right now but would be getting some soon. Saved me a trip. I doubt if I ever will go to Ed's. They are a Distributor, I highly doubt they don't have any Glocks right now.

Its amazing how you can get such different experiences day to day. I called Friday about a Glock 17 and they said they got a shipment of over 100 in earlier that morning. I picked one up Saturday without an issue.

Like: Dana Supply in Buford, Forsyth Pawn in Cumming, Davids' in Norcross (It's hit and miss with attitudes in there)Adventure Outdoors ( When I go to AO, I am only there to pick up a NEW gun I ordered over the net at the best price around and most of you are right. Their customer service is non existent)

Dislike: I think the only place I go to look at guns and accessories is gun shows.

Curious, has anyone ever had a bad experience at Cherokee Gun? I feel like they're the best gun store (service,prices) in the N.GA area.

Love:
-Adventure Outdoors (I don't mind waiting when prices are excellent)
-Cherokee

Hate:
-AR Bunker
-Ed's in Stockbridge

I took my wife to Bullseye in Lawrenceville about two years ago so she could buy her first gun. After looking around for about 5 minutes and asking the arrogant @$$hole behind the counter a few questions, he looked my wife and told her he thought she was making a straw purchase for me. He snatched the paperwork she was filling out and ripped it up, then kicked us both out of the store...I even offered to fill out the transfer forms for the purchase, but he still declined. I will neither go back to that $hit hole, nor recommend them to anyone.

The folks at trigger time are great to deal with!

No one has mentioned Georgia Gun in Gainesville. They have fantastic prices on guns - probably the best I've seen. The lady that works there doesn't know what in the hell she is doing, but the guy is good.

Great: 400 J&L, Cherokee Gun and Pawn, GA Firing Line

Good: AO for ammo, but only on a week day, Forsyth Co Pawn

Sucks: Pannels, Pannels, Pannels

I went to Gables Sporting Goods in Newnan today. Was thinking about either trading my RIA Compact towards a Glock 33 they have or buying it outright. My RIA is used but in great condition. I just got it from Sabonim last week and haven't even fired it yet. I just LOVE Glocks. The guy takes a look at it and tells me he'll allow me $200 trade in. Now, I've been insulted before and I've had people try to piss on my head and tell me it's raining but today I was in no mood for it. I 'splained to him that that wasn't a reasonable offer it was just an insult. He tried to tell me how he can get them NIB for $300 and needed MORE profit margin in a used gun and blah, blah, blah. I'll NEVER darken his door again. Heck, if I drove by and the place was on fire I wouldn't even pee on the door for him.

After I left there I took the RIA to 2 other shops and got OVER a hundred dollar higher offers for it.

Shops I like:

The Trading Post in Newnan. Selection is getting better and the guys there are friendly.

In Lagrange, we have three places you can buy/sell/trade:

Traylors Pawn - Darrel is a great guy and will receive a gun for only $20 FFL fee. Best FFL price I've found and he's always glad to help.

Pawn Express - Eric is cool and will treat you right. I used to think pawn shops were a bad idea but Eric changed my mind. Done several deals with him and I know he's fair.

Southern Shooters - The owner Bruce is probably the nicest guy in the business. I've made a few deals with him and ALWAYS walked away with my head up and a smile on my face.

It would be great to hear from some others about good/bad experiences and shops. I love to visit new places and see all the wonderful toys.

Gables in Douglasville is the same way. They are overpriced as well. Ill never give them my business again.

Back
Top Bottom