• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

Cherokee gun and pawn. Adventure outdoors has good prices if you pay with CASH.... anyways Cherokee will match some of Adventures prices!

Its amazing how you can get such different experiences day to day. I called Friday about a Glock 17 and they said they got a shipment of over 100 in earlier that morning. I picked one up Saturday without an issue.

X2. I went to Ed's today and bought a new 17 blue label. Customer Service was excellent, hell almost bought another one while I was there. Courteous, fast, friendly. Not sure if they had any 19s, I don't remember seeing any. I've got huge mitts so I just went the fullsize route. They didn't have much new if you couldn't buy blue label from what I saw. They did have a bunch of used glocks.

I would not drive out of my way to go to AO. SPD has been hit or miss.

GA firing line was awesome last time I was there as well. A girl, Beth I think maybe, was super friendly and helpful. Prices are much better since the new management bought it.
I've not made it up to Cherokee Pawn yet but will be hitting there next purchase.

Love:
Trigger Time in Flowery Branch
Bullseye in L ville
Bullseye in Cumming
Mainstreet Firearms in lilburn

One that I don't like- Some pawn shop run by this vietcong mother ****er off of Chamblee Tucker near 285.

Lol. When I first moved to Atl. in '05 I lived just down the street from that little pawn shop. From the looks of his inventory, he only stocks what he can order from CDNN. I tried to get him to order a mag for a CZ75, and he whipped out the same CDNN catalog I had at home, looked up the mag I wanted, then tacked on several bucks to cover shipping and pad his wallet. I could've ordered it myself and saved $10.

I have never been to Mainstreet Firearm's store so I maybe they are different at the shop, but when they show up to a gun show, they are way way over priced. Their tables are always busy because they throw a ton of handguns out which always gets attention. But you can just walk to most other vendors tables and buy the same gun for an average of $80-$120 less. Thats a lot when speaking of under $1k pistols. I love that they have a lot though, so I can handle their pistol and buy elsewhere.

Their prices are HIGH on just about everything they have. I got decent service the past couple times I was in there, but the prices are so high that I honestly don't feel like ever going back.

I've been in Bullseye a few times, but the place definitely doesn't give me the "warm fuzzies". The service is generally poor, the store is crowded, holster selection sucks, and the prices (for the most part) really aren't that great.

My favorite shop in the area (so far) is Dana Safety Supply out in Buford/Sugar Hill. The service is great, and so are the prices. They don't have a huge inventory like some other stores, but they're not a typical "gun store", either. They cater primarily to LE, and their inventory reflects that.

I made the mistake of hitting Bullseye this morning looking for night sights for my M&P9c. I wasted 20 minutes at, around, and behind(!) the counter waiting for someone to say something. I was literally close enough to poke two different employees in the eye(s) for the majority of that time, but they're apparently more interested in reading magazines and checking their email to bother with paying customers. Between the Trijicon HD sights, installation, and a spare mag from the the used mag case, they lost a $200 sale this morning.

That same $200 will be used to buy my new sights and a sight pusher on ebay. There's a reason small businesses are dying off, and it's not all Walmart's fault. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom