• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you store your ammo?

For you metal can storage guys...

http://shop.ammocanmagnets.com/

2013-08-26165158_zps7fc5e868.jpg

Or, duct tape and a sharpie...

I'm cheap like that.

:hail:

So safe or no safe? I see a few cheap ones on CL for $400 that would hold what I got. Worst case I might have to make some beefier shelving.
Some of those heavier duty metal shelving units hold a truly shocking amount of ammo and components.... so I've been told.

www.homedepot.com_catalog_productImages_400_4b_4bdf5cb7_9646_49cd_88d2_4458f43a85e0_400.jpg

Think about how much surplus ammo that is good 50+ years later. Do you think that was all stored cool and dry the entire time? Take precautions of course but my guess is a basement will be plenty cool and a decent attempt at humidity control won't give you any problems.

Last year my Dad gave me some AK mags he had stored in his barn for 20+ years. They had been loaded all that time with cheap steel cased rounds, and some copper washed stuff. I took them out and shot them without one single hiccup. This also says something about the mags.

I'm not saying long term storing precautions should not be taken. I believe they should, and I take them, but just a few simple steps should be plenty enough.

Where you store your ammo to keep it safe from thieves, fires, water, etc. should be the main concern, I'm thinking.

Back
Top Bottom