• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How have you upgraded your scorpion?

Thanks. Watched YouTube so I’m a pro now
I did the whole disassembly all the way to two receiver shells and back via 2 YouTube videos. I figured watch em while they’re still posted.

Crazy thing is did the HBI trigger spring upgrade, the disconnector would stick. Figured I needed to use the included shim, took apart trigger pack again, reassembled with shin. Disconnector stuck worse! Disassembled and installed original spring, reassembled and boom trigger works fine. So I won’t be using that upgrade until I sort it out, but I’m positive I can take down and entire scorpion FCG without help now lol. It’s a PITA by the way

6948207A-6176-4E68-8804-9C03FA7FAABD.jpeg
F3910623-14D0-491D-B12B-A2763A3AC2F8.jpeg
53FC7EA8-A985-4BCB-B9F1-7492BF849BD5.jpeg

P.S
Dude in the video doesn’t use any thread locker but when I disassembled there was clear locker that felt tight like our blue loctite does. So I cleaned all my screw threads and applied blue everywhere the factory had and obviously read where HBI recommended. Let it cure necessary time probably will fire for first time today

I did the whole disassembly all the way to two receiver shells and back via 2 YouTube videos. I figured watch em while they’re still posted.

Crazy thing is did the HBI trigger spring upgrade, the disconnector would stick. Figured I needed to use the included shim, took apart trigger pack again, reassembled with shin. Disconnector stuck worse! Disassembled and installed original spring, reassembled and boom trigger works fine. So I won’t be using that upgrade until I sort it out, but I’m positive I can take down and entire scorpion FCG without help now lol. It’s a PITA by the way

View attachment 1576639 View attachment 1576640 View attachment 1576641

P.S
Dude in the video doesn’t use any thread locker but when I disassembled there was clear locker that felt tight like our blue loctite does. So I cleaned all my screw threads and applied blue everywhere the factory had and obviously read where HBI recommended. Let it cure necessary time probably will fire for first time today
****, wonder what is going on with the disconnector:confused2:
Guy in the video made it look simple and easy. Maybe it's just you :noidea:..... J/k I'm prolly gonna have issues with it also cause that's my luck

I initially had a problem with my trigger resetting after firing. I finally figured out that I didn’t get the hammer spring in correctly. The short leg of the spring was not completely sitting flat against the receiver, causing a bind every once in a while. I took a vise and testing just the fcg to troubleshoot it.

Back
Top Bottom