• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to remove this part

Just another wild idea, similar to what was mentioned above, if it’s just a buffer tube, and could be trashed anyway, I would probably try padding it with something like duct tape or electrical tape, and putting some good grips on it, like vice grips or channel locks, heating that end cap thingy up quite hot with a torch. Maybe even really (red) hot, as long as you don’t think too much heat is transferring to the upper receiver. Try to unscrew it or break it free with a Nother set of channel locks while it is hot and as you are heating it periodically.

You have to be ready to ruin it. But I would think there’s a solid 70% chance you get it off.

Yeah man I feel you. I used to be apprehensive about asking dumb questions but then I stopped caring as much cause I know there’ll always be critics and people that are helpful.

Thanks man I appreciate your time. I kind of knew deep down I’m SOL but thought maybe the guys on here would know better and maybe have another option for me I didn’t think of or know of.

I don’t think the cap is threaded. Is seems to be glued/welded on there in some way. Maybe what you’re saying is still a viable option and I’m just not handy enough to understand completely lmao.
it looks like that’s the easiest/costliest solution. FML

Heat it up until it's just beyond too hot to touch If it is epoxied or soft soldered it wi;; come off.

Just another wild idea, similar to what was mentioned above, if it’s just a buffer tube, and could be trashed anyway, I would probably try padding it with something like duct tape or electrical tape, and putting some good grips on it, like vice grips or channel locks, heating that end cap thingy up quite hot with a torch. Maybe even really (red) hot, as long as you don’t think too much heat is transferring to the upper receiver. Try to unscrew it or break it free with a Nother set of channel locks while it is hot and as you are heating it periodically.

You have to be ready to ruin it. But I would think there’s a solid 70% chance you get it off.
Heat it up until it's just beyond too hot to touch If it is epoxied or soft soldered it wi;; come off.
I would have tried these ideas cause they seem pretty feasible but getting another tube for 20 bucks seems worth avoiding the hassle. I thought they were 50-100 bucks.
Just get the $20 KAK buffer tube with dimples...

Your out $20 and a few days shipping.

https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-p...-and-parts/pistol-buffer-tubes/shockwave-tube
just got one. Thanks man

Back
Top Bottom