• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

The one that I find a little odd is when people call their spouse of years their "bride". Does she refer to you as her groom? None of my business and not picking on anyone. I just find it odd.View attachment 5756554
Yeah that's what I always thought. When someone says "Bride" I'm thinking they're getting married that day or the next or something.

My Bride is with our Lord now and this year would have made 50 years together. I loved her as much as the day we married..She was and always will be my Bride..
I actually respect that and sometimes refer to my wife as “my lovely Bride” Or “my lovely Wife” It does show what a pedestal you have her on in your life and memories.
Even if I did not, I would not have a problem with how you addressed her, as long as she is fine with it.

My Bride is with our Lord now and this year would have made 50 years together. I loved her as much as the day we married..She was and always will be my Bride..
Sorry for your loss. No disrespect was intended. It is just an unusual use of the word I had never heard before.

You can reduce your debt but you will never be debt free, I have to save $500 a month to be able to come up with property tax , plus utilities, home owners insurance, vehicle insurance,tag , gas , groceries , phone service etc .
Well over 1k monthly and at the rate things are going you will still have to work your ass off just to survive and to not loose what you work hard to paid off .
If you can’t pay your inflated taxes one year
You loose your property.
If you can’t pay insurance your license get suspended
Can’t pay utilities they get cut off
We will always pay !!
More and more and more every year

Sorry for your loss. No disrespect was intended. It is just an unusual use of the word I had never heard before.
I cherish our time together, she never gave me a hard time about my hunting or fishing..Sometimes I would go on a week hunting trip and no complaints..She was a wonderful mom and the only thing she was less than stellar at, was cooking..She exploded eggs when she tried to boil them...So I did all the cooking to survive..She was my soulmate.

I think some folks may not be from the South …..not sure. It really doesn’t matter. What I am getting at is the way some people talk/refer/list or generally speak may not be exactly what others are used to hearing/reading or seeing.
As long as the general gist or idea is conveyed and the other person can figure it out , what difference does it make ?
These types of things is what makes us different and unique in my opinion.

If I speak or convey my words to you in an uncomfortable way or it’s something you don’t like - tough titty !!
It is how I was brought up and it will be the way I continue to speak until you or someone else is paying me to do it differently.
I am an individual and I have individual ways of doing things. Some of them are my own.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. :becky:

Went to a local thrift store yesterday hoping they had some items for my motorcycle. Found a helmet, gloves, polarized shades, wife got some new Foster Grants, an American flag sign, one new biker backpack, small misc. items. Spent 33.00....."I'm gonna pop some tags"....lol. I did drop 450k on our final house and land in March but have no debt. My wife is still grumpy about my being frugal but it has served me well. Blessed. And yes inflation sucks....

Back
Top Bottom