LEO Encounter

sure ... refuse.... he calls for back up , for his safety, keeps you there longer, for what, the man is doing his JOB.... JOB being the key WORD.....YES you have the RIGHT....if you do as he asks things go a smother........ That is part of the problem with todays cry babies .......he is doing his JOB.. he wants to get home to his loved ones at the end of his shift just like everyone else does......If you act like a problem you get treated like a PROBLEM....ok getting off of soap box now...leatherhead you did the RIGHT thing and there is NOT a lot of that anymore.

Amen! You did the right thing brother! A officer approaching a stop has no idea what or who he walking up on. A Simple traffic stop can be the most dangerous things for a LEO. Common respect of the fact that he doesn't know you from a wanted criminal is always the best policy!
I window many LEO's from FBI to Troopers to local and DEA.. They all have my up most respect for what they do!
Most officers I know are great folks and just wanna do their job well like Bigweave pointed out.
Personally I always do anything I can to help out an officer and show my respect!
I think they all deserve far more pay and respect from all law abiding gun owners!

Well done done Leatherhead!

Its not like I admitted to robbing a bank or somethin...I knew why I was pulled over and I had no reason to lie. It obviously helped my situation dont you think?

Most definitely.

I thought of that, believe me...but It was a risk I was willing to take to ensure the Officer felt safe with me. After turning around and seeing the SWAT lapel pin, I knew he was familiar with Glocks...:)

On the side of the road, ANYTHING can happen, SWAT button or not. Just something to think about..... :thumb:

Yep, my alltime favorite "cop handling a gun" video :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

"I am the only one in this room qualified to handle a Glock forty" ......."Fitty Cent and Tupac said so"....:D
Don't even have to click the link. I've seen Agent Page Glockify his foot in that video many times. He also lost his appeal last year. Says he's suffered embarrassment since that video was released. Ya think? LMAO :D

Last edited:
This same situation has happened to me twice, in two seperate states. Ga and SC. Both times I was pulled for speeding.

L: Good afternoon Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

ME: Yes sir, speeding.

L: yes sir, license, insurance, and registration please.

ME: yes sir. Officer, be advised I'm carrying a firearm.

L: where is it?

ME: Center console.

L: Can you hand me the weapon slowly?

ME: yes sir

L: I'll be right back.

ME: Copy that.

The officer returns on, on both occasions and says, "I appreciate your your cooperation and letting me know you had a weapon. Slow it down and have a nice day!"

I believe you reap what you sow. I believe if you are forthright with them you've developed a rapport, and a certain level of trust right out of the gate. Most LEO's I've talked to DO appreciate that. Good on you for the way you handled your situation.

This same situation has happened to me twice, in two seperate states. Ga and SC. Both times I was pulled for speeding.

L: Good afternoon Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?

ME: Yes sir, speeding.

L: yes sir, license, insurance, and registration please.

ME: yes sir. Officer, be advised I'm carrying a firearm.

L: where is it?

ME: Center console.

L: Can you hand me the weapon slowly?

ME: yes sir

L: I'll be right back.

ME: Copy that.

The officer returns on, on both occasions and says, "I appreciate your your cooperation and letting me know you had a weapon. Slow it down and have a nice day!"

I believe you reap what you sow. I believe if you are forthright with them you've developed a rapport, and a certain level of trust right out of the gate. Most LEO's I've talked to DO appreciate that. Good on you for the way you handled your situation.

I had an almost identical situation about a year ago. Mine was for a tail light instead of speeding, and I also got a warning instead of a ticket.
I'm a firm believer that if you give respect, you'll get respect most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom