• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Like a Forced booster shot for your cell phone

Things change its life. 3g at this point is pretty old, you can’t ask them to keep supporting it. People I’m sure don’t have that hardware around. Technology changes faster than a water pipe or a bridge. Older generations are used to a plant or a water valve lasting 30-50 years in an industrial setting.

Technology is not like that you have EOL dates you have to meet to make sure you can provide the service. If you don’t provide the service customers leave you.

Nobody wants to maintain 2g,3g,4g and 5G systems. You have to roll out a new one and retire the old one.

Most anything electronic is going to have a short self life compared to what we are used too in a society.

Things change its life. 3g at this point is pretty old, you can’t ask them to keep supporting it. People I’m sure don’t have that hardware around. Technology changes faster than a water pipe or a bridge. Older generations are used to a plant or a water valve lasting 30-50 years in an industrial setting.

Technology is not like that you have EOL dates you have to meet to make sure you can provide the service. If you don’t provide the service customers leave you.

Nobody wants to maintain 2g,3g,4g and 5G systems. You have to roll out a new one and retire the old one.

Most anything electronic is going to have a short self life compared to what we are used too in a society.
If I am the original buyer of your product at full retail price, and am paying for its service, you should have to support it through my lifetime.

Well, explain that to these companies…
No, you EXPECTING it is stupid. A lot of companies offer lifetime warranties on products, but thats completely different than expecting a company to continue to fork out hundred of thousands of dollars a year to support an outdated and basically dead technology. You dont buy 3G service, you buy the phone. They are killing the service. Your phone will still work, just not with 3G service.

No, you EXPECTING it is stupid. A lot of companies offer lifetime warranties on products, but thats completely different than expecting a company to continue to fork out hundred of thousands of dollars a year to support an outdated and basically dead technology. You dont buy 3G service, you buy the phone. They are killing the service. Your phone will still work, just not with 3G service.
And not one technology company listed…
Products are not technology….

Well, I have done, and will continue to do, stupid stuff, as is my prerogative. And expect to continue to receive the services I am paying for (which I am with AT&T btw, I just hate having to learn a new phone every couple of years).

Well, I have done, and will continue to do, stupid stuff, as is my prerogative. And expect to continue to receive the services I am paying for (which I am with AT&T btw, I just hate having to learn a new phone every couple of years).
They have a plain jane flip phone still. They will generally always offer a basic style phone because a lot of companies still use them for basic communications. My work is looking at doing that right now, issuing flip phones to all maintenance for in plant communications so it can only be used for calls or texts.

If I am the original buyer of your product at full retail price, and am paying for its service, you should have to support it through my lifetime.

That is not realistic asking somebody to support it for a actually human lifetime, not with technology . I understand to some in a dream world that would be nice but this will never happen.

If you want less change stick with flip phones or an iPhone. iPhones don’t really change much year to year and the software looks the same as years ago.

Now I agree for thousands of years things changed at a slow pace. Now the world changes at a very fast pace.

Also you don’t have to have a cell phone if stick for a landline you could have had the same line line telephone for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom