• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin Bolt Action Rifles

TacticalDonkey69

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows about the Marlin Bolt Action Rifles I am thinking about buying one but I don't know much about these rifles I just want to get a few opinions in these rifles before I buy one the only thing I know about them is the price seems good.

Like an XL7 and XS7? Do it, they are great out of the box guns. Adjustable trigger down to around 2.75-3.25 pds, breaks like glass, can be sub moa with the right ammo right form the box with good glass. i have a XL7 .270 and love it, i tried to make myself sell it and couldnt.

I've had a couple of the X series, and shot several for other folks. They're exceptional rifles.

The actions are smooth and function reliably, and fed the proper diet, they'll shoot with most any light sporting rifle I know of.

For the money spent, I consider them a bargain

Definitely a great gun for the money. I've had two and regret trading away one. The one I regret trading was a .308. The other was a 30-06 and the only reason I don't regret it is because I'm just not a big fan of that round. As others have already said, they are very accurate out of the box and very smooth. You can't go wrong with one of them.

Boit one in 7mm-08 about 2 months ago and love it so far great accurace out of box been thinking of trading it but i just cant do it either to good of a gun for the money awsome buy

I've got an XL7 in 30-06 that shoots 3 round groups at 100 yards with all three touching. The best part about it is that it does it with cheap Federal soft points.
I haven't gotten to play around with hand loads yet but I only expect the groups to get tighter since I've only put 40 rounds thru it.

Back
Top Bottom